Any unpopular opinions on certain games?

fredmion

22 minutes ago, Colly said:

Is it wrong to suggest that Roller-coaster Tycoon is better than Theme Park? It's blatantly a complete ripoff even down to the queue systems, but it improved on everything and was a brilliant game. 

Nope. RCT is still the best.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Colly said:

Is it wrong to suggest that Roller-coaster Tycoon is better than Theme Park? It's blatantly a complete ripoff even down to the queue systems, but it improved on everything and was a brilliant game. 

I thought the unpopular opinion was that Theme Park is better. Rollercoaster Tycoon is/was brilliant.

• Like 3

Yeah, Rollercoaster Tycoon is much better - takes what works about Theme Park, matches it with some of the better game mechanics of the Tycoon series, and ends up with the best of both worlds. Great stuff.

Theme Hospital is better than Theme Park, too. I'm assuming that's not an unpopular opinion, though.

• Like 2

Speaking of Theme Hospital, there's a new game coming out that is being promoted as a modern version of the concept. It's called Project Hospital, and it looks as though the gameplay will be very similar. Perhaps crucially, though, it doesn't have the silly aesthetics and wacky diseases, which is a shame.

4 hours ago, MDK said:

I got slated by my mates because I thought G-Police was great. But I remember playing that a lot and loving it.

Holy shit, I so wanted that game back when I was a kiddo but my computer couldn't handle the demo! :(

Also, Oni was a terrible game with a terrible story and was a very terrible copy of Ghost in the Shell.

Having said that, if Oni had come out in this day and age with the technology of today to create a proper good fighty-shooty-runny engine, and more effort in the story department, it would no doubt be a classic.

G-Police was great but horrible view distance. It was really pushing the limits of the available technology at the time.

...and it just reminded me that I've got Parasite Eve and Fear Effect for PS1 stashed away somewhere. They were great.

Fear Effect was stylistically very cool.

Not unpopular opinions but I just remembered about them.

Aside from The Walking Dead (and I never finished season 2), Telltale Games games are very overrated

12 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

G-Police was great but horrible view distance. It was really pushing the limits of the available technology at the time.

...and it just reminded me that I've got Parasite Eve and Fear Effect for PS1 stashed away somewhere. They were great.

Fear Effect was stylistically very cool.

Not unpopular opinions but I just remembered about them.

Fear Effect was one of the first games I got when I ordered my GPD. Still amazing.

On 11/16/2017 at 02:16, Lint said:

Aside from The Walking Dead (and I never finished season 2), Telltale Games games are very overrated

Did you play Tales of the Borderlands? It was great. 

I do believe that Season 2 of the Walking Dead started off strong, but slowly got worse. I have all of Season 3 purchased, but never finished it. 

22 minutes ago, RPS said:

Did you play Tales of the Borderlands? It was great. 

Its free on Xbox Gold at the moment. I know you didn't direct it at me but I'm going to play it and let you know if I liked it whether you like it or not.

26 minutes ago, MDK said:

Its free on Xbox Gold at the moment. I know you didn't direct it at me but I'm going to play it and let you know if I liked it whether you like it or not.

Without spoilers, what I appreciate about the game is the sense of humor, the set pieces and the cinematics. At times it feels like a movie. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RPS said:

Without spoilers, what I appreciate about the game is the sense of humor, the set pieces and the cinematics. At times it feels like a movie. 

Hah, I'm just into the first episode and I was thinking "Damn, this could be a good movie". Something like Serenity meets Mad Max and they go out to dinner with The Good, The Bad and The Weird.

Just now, MDK said:

Hah, I'm just into the first episode and I was thinking "Damn, this could be a good movie". Something like Serenity meets Mad Max and they go out to dinner with The Good, The Bad and The Weird.

Every opening credit scene in the game is like the opening to a great movie.