Arsenal Thread

TMM

Yeah...thought I'd get this thread back on track be re-starting it.

First of all, I would like to direct the attention of any sane FOOTBALL, not just Arsenal fans to a thread in TheWrestlingChannel.com's forums.

http://www.thewrestlingchannel.tv/forums/index.php

Go to the one about Arsenal wasting money, and allow hilarity to ensue when reading the posts of a guy called Monoxide94 and Jimmy Hill.

Anyway...what you reckon the score will be against Leicester? I'm going out on a limb here and I'm going to say 2-1. I can see Leicester scoring just to be awkward.

Edited by The Monkey Molester

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest I Bleed Red

a game away from immortality? LMAO, you're havin a laugh.

nearly half your matches in the league have been draws, you failed to beat the current champions (we're still champs until next week) once in any competition this year, you crashed out of the Champions League (AGAIN) and the FA Cup.

The only team in England that can be classed as immortals would be the United side from 99, champions of england, FA Cup winners, oh yea, and we were champions of Europe as well.

A close second would be the scousers from 00-01 when they won the mickey mouse treble. Even that joke of a treble is still better than an undefeated record in the league.

Oh yea, two more records you won't get, most goals scored in the prem, and most points. We've got both of those too. I think we got biggest point gap from first to second as well.

One game away from immortality as in no one can touch us; no one can beat us. We're unbeaten in the Premiership, so we have immortality in the Premiership.

I agree we need to win the Champions League to be true immortals, but that will come in time.

And don't forget, you crashed out of the champions League (AGAIN) as well. :D

1. We have drawn 12 games. 12 multiplied by 2 is 24 so actually it's nowhere near half. Our games. You obviously being baing a Man Utd fan, have lost NINE games. That means you have lost a quarter of all your games this season, with one still to go!!

2. You are not Champions you absolute moron. We have already secured the title, already won the league. EVERYONE, including the press, TV pundits, opposing clubs, etc. are calling us the Champions because we have won the league. You are the only idiot that desn't recognise it.

3. It's good to see how easily you dismiss a full year of going unbeaten. Tell me, when did Man Utd ever do that? Your "immortal" team still couldn't hold their own in EVERY SINGLE GAME in the league.

4. Most points scored in the Premiership, you have that, but that was when there were 24 teams in the Premiership. Look at your record and see how close Arsenal are. We have played less games but are only a few points behind you. We have the record for teams playing in the "20 team Premiership". And don't even get me started on Premiership records because you know that the Arsenal of 2001-2002 and the beginning of 2002-2003 shattered just about every single one.

5. We have the record for most goals ever scored in English top flight football - and it's a record that you will never get close to.

6. We crashed out of the Champions League again?? We lost over two legs to a good side in Chelsea. You lost to Porto!! And you went out at an earlier round than us! Oh, you "immortals" you!!

You brag so much about winning 3 trophies in 1999. In the 5 years since you've only won 3 trophies. It's time Man Utd fans realised that we don't live in 1999 anymore....and there is footballing history before 1992.

Tell me Mr Man Utd fan? How many times have you been to Old Trafford?

Edited by TheArsenal

That was classic there by TheArsenal lol, i read that thread earlier on the wrestling channel, a couple of the posters just sounded like really saw losers. Couldn't face the fact that Arsenal at the moment are the best club in the premier league and not Chelsea, they went on that we wasted are money, but i bet over the last 3 or so seasons we spent less than what they spent in just one season and yet we won the league and thrashed all records yet they think were the one's that wasted the money.

Hopefully we will beat Leicester, on paper we should slaughter them but i can just see us slipping up on the last day of the season , the last two games we have looked a bit uncomfortable but even if we do lose, going the whole season losing only one game is still a amazing record.

Arsenal thoroughly deserved the title. They played some beautiful football this season, even tho I hate to admit it.

Abramovich should learn from Arsenal and Valencia. A winning team is built, not bought.

Edited by G-O-D

I can't wait till Saturday's match. The trophy will be presenting, and and I thoroughly expect us to walk away with ANOTHER record this season. Then we'll only need a few matches at the beginning of next season to get the longest unbeaten league run in English history. The longest so far is 42 games, and we'll be on 40 I think after Leicester.

Beckham faces a testimonial task

David Beckham will play in Martin Keown's testimonial on 17 May when an Arsenal XI take on an England XI.

Beckham is the latest big name to give his support - subject to other commitments or injury - to the former England defender's Highbury match.

Wayne Rooney, John Terry, Joe Cole, Steve McManaman and Robbie Fowler are also scheduled to play.

And Paul Gascoigne, Ian Wright and Shaun Wright-Phillips are set to guest for Kevin Keegan's England team.

Hmm this can give Wenger an estimated view on how Beckham would fit into an Arsenal side, and see if he's still worth persuing.

Guest I Bleed Red

2. You are not Champions you absolute moron. We have already secured the title, already won the league. EVERYONE, including the press, TV pundits, opposing clubs, etc. are calling us the Champions because we have won the league. You are the only idiot that desn't recognise it.

4. Most points scored in the Premiership, you have that, but that was when there were 24 teams in the Premiership. Look at your record and see how close Arsenal are. We have played less games but are only a few points behind you. We have the record for teams playing in the "20 team Premiership". And don't even get me started on Premiership records because you know that the Arsenal of 2001-2002 and the beginning of 2002-2003 shattered just about every single one.

2. We're not the champions anymore? So, you've already been given the trophy then, and you're gonna be sporting the champions badges now all of sudden while the season is still going on? I think not. It's like when we elect a president. Everyone knows he's going to be the president between November and January (when he's sworn in) but he's still not the president, just like, you've won the league, but the season's still not over, so you're still not officially the champions yet. This weekend you will be, and I can honestly say you deserve it.

4. *sigh* Top four from 99-00 (20 team season)

1 Man Utd 38 91

2 Arsenal 38 73

3 Leeds 38 69

4 Liverpool 38 67

You've got 87 points this year with a game left, so unless you can somehow get 5 points off one game, you're not going to have the most points in the premiership, that's us. 92 when there were 24 teams, 91 in a 20 team season.

And still have the most goals scored in a season with 97 from the same season.

and remember, like I said, you still didn't beat the champs in the league, or at all the season for that matter, and you haven't beat us in the league in two seasons.

ohhh boring boring, Arsenal..

btw, mudda, I'm as much anti-arsenal as you are anti-united

Edited by I Bleed Red

And still have the most goals scored in a season with 97 from the same season

I said the most goals in top flight football, not the Premiership. Mr Armchair fan, let me take you back to 1930/1931 when Arsenal scored 127 league goals. As I said, a record you're not even close to.

And the rules of English football say you aren't given the trophy until the last home game of the season - it doesn't mean you're not Champions until then. It's the same way Wolves, Leicester and Leeds are already relelgated.

Man I hate these arm-chair fans......

Guest I Bleed Red

I said the most goals in top flight football, not the Premiership. Mr Armchair fan, let me take you back to 1930/1931 when Arsenal scored 127 league goals. As I said, a record you're not even close to.

And the rules of English football say you aren't given the trophy until the last home game of the season - it doesn't mean you're not Champions until then. It's the same way Wolves, Leicester and Leeds are already relelgated.

Man I hate these arm-chair fans......

It's not always the last home game.

If I remember right, we were given the trophy at Goodison last season, which obviously isn't our home.

And ok, so Norwich and West Brom have been promoted, so are they in the premiership yet? are the relegated teams in division 1 yet? No, they're still in their respective divisions, such as we're still the champions until you have the trophy. As I said, it's yours this year, and from your form, you deserve it. You're just not immortals for going unbeaten in the league while drawing 12, maybe 13 of your games in a season. All the credit in the world for going unbeaten, still not immortal. Go 38-0-0 and then we'll see about being immortal..