Arsenal Thread

TMM

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Yeah, I thought they were just SkySports graphics at first, they're pretty classy. After seeing that I can see teams selling ads like they do in Rugby, that'd be a bit gay.

Good game, first half was frustrating, I feel we should of started with v.Persie over Bergkamp would of been nice to see Reyes too, Hleb looked good. Cleansheet, works for me.

Given is wasted at Newcastle.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I thought they were just SkySports graphics at first, they're pretty classy. After seeing that I can see teams selling ads like they do in Rugby, that'd be a bit gay.

Good game, first half was frustrating, I feel we should of started with v.Persie over Bergkamp would of been nice to see Reyes too, Hleb looked good. Cleansheet, works for me.

Given is wasted at Newcastle.

While watching the game I could only wonder why Given stays at Newcastle. :\

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh, so the rumour is that we are going to be involved in a swap loan deal involving Justin Hoyte going to Sunderland and Mart Poom coming to us until January.

I always wanted us to sign Poom, but that was about 5 years ago when he was absolute class for Derby in the premiership, now he is just injury prone. Surely this is just a rumour and not true? Surely we can get someone a little better?

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

That was in 'The People' I haven't heard of it reprinted anywhere thats reliable, its bullshit.

Villarreal signed Viera, it was a shame I hoped we'd still take him regardless of his cyst.

I wouldn't be surprised if come tomorrow we'd signed no-one, Wenger has declared that he'd sign players here and there so far this window and each time its gone tits up. I'm not confident to say the least.

The Estonia manager confirmed he has been in London.

I think it will be announced tomorrow. To be honest, I think he would be better backup for Lehmann than we currently have. Anyone is better than Almunia.

I think it is just Wenger getting in a short term backup keeper since the Viera deal fell through. I fully expect Wenger to buy a top class goalkeeper after the World Cup to be our number 1 when we move to Ashburton Grove. And i think he will get Isaksson and I will be happy with that.

Edited by Gooner4Life

• 3 weeks later...

Really entertaining game today. Anyone who's been saying that the Premiership has been boring needs to watch us play, we're still the most entertaining team in the league by far.

We could've had another penalty at least in that game, and I'm surprised that Damien Johnson didn't get at least a yellow card for his scissor hold on Ljungberg's leg! Anyway, a good win in the end. Felt sorry for Maik Taylor because of how he conceeded. We deserved it though, especially considering that Taylor and Pennant were the only players who seemed to be trying out there.

Im new here and im glad to see an Arsenal thread as im a mad supporter.

Maik Taylor played well and i thought we really did deserve the win but we shouldn't have been allowed to win the game with a goal like that. He had a fantastic game and deserved better. We played good football at times but are short passing realling isnt as free flowing as we used to have.

The problem with us this season is that we have lost the belif that we can contest Chelsea. We have lost the belif and it has severly ffected our performances. In the unbeaten season we had all the confidence in the world and look what happened. :D

Weve not had a great start to the season, but things are picking up. Great result against Ajax 2 wins out of 2 in europe lets hope we can keep it up, cant see why we wont. The Birmingham game was a good game to watch we should have put 3 or 4 past them, but all credit to Taylor for not letting that happen, he played an absolute blinder that day and it was a tad harsh the way he conceded but hey we got the three points from it.

Looking forward to Henry making his return, hopefully we will be able to mount a serious title challenge, I know Chelsea are 10 or 11 points ahead, but all it takes is a couple of losses and were back in the running.

Scrap what I said about us mounting a serious title challenge once Henry comes back, it looks like it will be a battle for second and third place for us. Gutting that we have got half the squad out at the moment, would have thourght that Wenger would have brought in some more players to add depth to the squad, espcially after losing Vieira, to overcome problems like this. Henry, Campbell, Hleb, Cole, Ljungberg..Ouch. We have some good players to back up the injury problem, but we haven't got enough of them.

The spotlight will leave Arsenal for a while but within time, it'll be straight back on them. They've had a major poor start, but they've had some bad luck down the line too. Henry is the key player, and once he comes back in along with Cambell as well, Arsenal should be able to pick their game up. I think Arsenal wont get taken notice off for a few weeks or so, and then they'll start getting results. I'm not honestly sure if they can win the title now, it's far from over, but it'll be very hard to do. Either way, I think they'll get back to nearly top form within a month's time, is a long while away though.