Arsenal Thread

TMM

But considering we're half way through the season, and we have a 100% record at home.....

It kinda asks a few questions. I think the board needs to do more than promise big players in the summer, and deliver on some real star power.

With the guaranteed increase in income we will have next year, Arsene MUST be given a big transfer kitty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good god, I feel sorry for Doncaster, they trully but in a great performance against a team that should have won comfortable. Have to say Almunia played decent and made some good saves, the other 10 were crap though. We really need to shape up, 3 straight defeats in the league and nearly knocked out of the Carling cup by Doncaster.

Not really. Even with your 'young' players you should be thrashing a team like Doncaster. That said though, Doncaster did play pretty damn well and did everything they possibly could.

When's the draw for the next round? I want to see United draw Arsenal just so Wigan have an even better chance of making the final.

Good lord we were awful. Bar Almunia and Eboue, we were played off the park for the majority of the first 90 minutes. Doncaster should be through, but their not, so I'm happy.

Guest muddatrucker27

I'm almost laughing at all the shit that seems to be happening at the moment, its either that or crying.

Almunia is a good stopper, shame he's about as jerky as a jamaican chicken though, to me hes too old to be living on potential, but for now, oh well.

Not really. Even with your 'young' players you should be thrashing a team like Doncaster. That said though, Doncaster did play pretty damn well and did everything they possibly could.

When's the draw for the next round? I want to see United draw Arsenal just so Wigan have an even better chance of making the final.

On the strength of that game a lot of those kids are never going to make it at Arsenal if they don't sort themselves out. It's a lot to judge on one outing but the majority of them were just awful. Of the youngsters Eboue was probably the best and he didn't play that well, particularly in the first half. Lupoli and Bendtner got a bit of a partnership going and have promise - although it didn't result in much tonight.

You could also tell the more senior players (looking specifically at Gilberto, Cygan and van Persie) didn't want to be there and weren't up for it. How often will Gilberto captain Arsenal? You'd think he might want to make a bit more of the occasion. Until he scored he might as well have not bothered being out there, there's no way Alex Song can run the midfield without a strong helping hand. Hleb tried but I don't think he's fully fit and has yet to show any of the form he did before we signed him.

Wenger needs to sort it out. I'd have been happier had we fielded a better team and won comfortably like United did last night, but then as I've mentioned experience really didn't do us much good.

Pretty much as everyone else has said: young team or not we should have played much better than we did. Another frustrating night to say the least.

Edited by supergrass

That was just one match we=here our youngsters didnt play particularly well. They are a good bunch, evidence for this is in the previous two games in this seasons Carling Cup. We beat Sunderland away convincingly. Sunderland aren't the best team but we beat them away from home and they are in the Premiership. We beat Reading which ended their long unbeaten streak. At the time they were leading in the Championship, so for us to beat them as well as we did, i think the players have been great.

Last night you could see it was going to take a bit of luck, Doncaster really fancied their chances and why wouldnt they, they had already beaten Manchester City and Aston Villa. They showed a lot of hard and i would say when up against a team full of confidence, away from home with a packed house behind them our players were right to be nervy.

Nervy perhaps but they were just shit. That's where things go wrong, it wasn't even "the yonugsters" who were some of the worst culprets it was those who are supposed to be in with a shout of doiung well in the premiership who pissed about the most. Only one good thing was in that Arsenal team and that was Almunia who saved you from a serious humiliation.