Official Rap Thread (Reprise)

Gorka

Cardi B came out with a story on WE's Untold Stories of Hip-Hop detailing her sexual assault at the hands of a photographer earlier in her career. Dude straight up pulled his dick out and was like "you want to be in this magazine, right?" and when she told the head of the magazine, he shrugged and said "So? And?"

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone watched The Rap Game UK on BBC? It's on iPlayer. I have one episode left to go so I dunno who wins yet, but I'm really enjoying the show as far as those TV talent things go.

It's basically the mentoring section from like, Pop Idol, or whatever, but for UK Hip-Hop. with the roles of the mentors/challenge setters played by Krept and Konan. It's really good, and features cameos from a bunch of contemporary UK Hip Hop royalty.

On 21/10/2019 at 23:08, K said:

Anyone watched The Rap Game UK on BBC? It's on iPlayer. I have one episode left to go so I dunno who wins yet, but I'm really enjoying the show as far as those TV talent things go.

It's basically the mentoring section from like, Pop Idol, or whatever, but for UK Hip-Hop. with the roles of the mentors/challenge setters played by Krept and Konan. It's really good, and features cameos from a bunch of contemporary UK Hip Hop royalty.

I finished this and now I'm watching Netflix Series Rhythm and Flow, which is like a big american hip hop version of the X-Factor, including auditions and mentors and all sorts.

Really good. A few stand out acts so far, but in general Chicago is bringing the heat

I keep wondering about that, and I just read a blog Clover Hope did about it on Jezebel right before I read that post. I'll probably check it out.

14 hours ago, Rey Cloudy said:

I keep wondering about that, and I just read a blog Clover Hope did about it on Jezebel right before I read that post. I'll probably check it out.

my number one pick from the auditions phase won the whole thing. I was super happy about that. That rapper got skill.

check it out man, it's really good. I love Chance's attitude through the whole thing. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, K said:

its not good

Color me shocked. I haven't listened to it yet, but my expectations are pretty low. 

Also, Kanye's pastor asked that his collaborators on the album (Nicki Minaj, Ty Dolla Sign, and others) "refrain from having premarital sex". I think that ship sailed for like.. all of them. >_>

EDIT: And reviews seem polarizing so far. NME gave it 4/5, The Independent gave it 2/5. 

i see people on twitter going wild on it, it's like the first gospel album that could be considered genuinely cool by the general public since... i dunno.. Elvis?

I'm not into gospel music, so it's not for me. 

• Like 1

Trent Reznor turned down a cameo in Old Town Road's music video.

"The way it was presented to me originally is I got a call from my management saying, ‘We got a call from a panicked manager saying they had used the sample of something off Ghosts,'” Reznor recalls. “‘They should have cleared it, but it didn’t get cleared. It’s picking up some steam on the viral Spotify charts. What do you think about that?’ And I said, ‘Look, I’m fine with it. I get how stuff goes. They’re not saying they didn’t sample it. Just work it out, but don’t be a roadblock to this.’ I hadn’t heard it yet. Then a few weeks later, I was like, ‘Holy shit.'”

“The reason I haven’t stepped in to comment anything about it is, I don’t feel it’s my place to play any kind of social critic to that,” he says. “It was a material that was used in a significant way and it turned into something that became something else, and those guys should be the ones the spotlight is on…. They asked if I wanted to do a cameo in the video, and it was flattering, and I don’t mean to be disrespectful, but I don’t feel like it’s my place to shine a light on me for that. I say that with complete respect.”

Reznor seems like a good fuckin dude