Official Rap Thread (Reprise)

Gorka

1 hour ago, tristy said:

Ameer of BROCKHAMPTON is being accused of having sex with underage girls and making forceful advances on numerous women.

That's a shame, he's one of the more talented people in the group. They'll be just fine without him though.

I've been digging PRhyme 2, actually. I've got Book Of Ryan but I haven't dug into it yet, it's on my list. I have a lot of hip hop to listen to, just to name a few: Chuck Strangers, JPEGMAFIA, Smoke DZA, Dr. Octagon, Flatbush Zombies, Smokepurrp, Denzel Curry...

PRhyme 2 is great too. Book of Ryan is a different side of Royce where he's not spitting punchlines for the sake of punchlines. It's definitely a more personal album. But hold on...There's a new Dr. Octagon?

3001: A Laced Odyssey is a good place to start, imo. It's their debut album and it's pretty damn good, one of my favorite albums from 2016. BetterOffDEAD is their 2nd mixtape and was pretty well liked by critics and fans alike. It's got features from Danny Brown and Action Bronson, too.

I hadn't checked in here I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't think "This is America" was some brilliant revelation. I mean it's ok but people have gone crazy praising it and there are all sorts of youtube videos breaking down the meaning of every second of the video. It's all a bit much

• Thanks 1

I was prepared to be disappointed in it after reading some of the responses in this thread but I actually kind of like it. I don't think I like it as much as, say, Redbone or even anything off the Camp album (Heartbeat, Backpackers and Bonfire mostly) but it's still a good song. Better video though, gotta agree to that.

24 minutes ago, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

So, Sage Francis. 

I've recently discovered him, pretty cool. 

Oh, and Del the Funky Homosapien is really legit. In fact I think I figured out that the reason I liked the Gorillaz at one time was largely due to him. 

Sage Francis has been around for a while. I would never claim to know a lot about rap but I did like his stuff. Whether that's a good thing I wouldn't know.

34 minutes ago, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

So, Sage Francis. 

I've recently discovered him, pretty cool. 

Oh, and Del the Funky Homosapien is really legit. In fact I think I figured out that the reason I liked the Gorillaz at one time was largely due to him. 

The new Dr. Octagon album has a feature with Del. So, basically, it's Del and Kool Keith on a song together produced by Dan the Automator (who has worked with the Gorillaz in the past, and has a project with Del called Deltron 3030).

Pretty much summed up my thoughts on Cole's new album. I really tried to get into it, but I found it just so boring. Outside of Friday Night Lights, I think the only Cole album I ever go back to is Forest Hills Drive for "Fire Squad" and "Love Yourz".

• Thanks 1