Official Rap Thread (Reprise)

Gorka

new Kanye album is wild. I can't really compare it to anything else he's done. One song has a full choir, then the next song is centered around a Slick Rick sample. It's a pretty bipolar album, which I think might be the point. Just constant mood swings for 7 tracks. I guess we're finally seeing Kanye off his Lexapro.

honestly, I don't have any interest in listening to kanye's bars right now.  i'll probably listen to the album eventually, but not right now.

Oh also CZARFACE and DOOM put out a little ep earlier today too, although I haven't listened to it yet and I try not to go into modern DOOM projects with much hope.  Still though, a lot of great shit coming out right now.

Edited by LittleDaniel
  • Like 1

I haven't listened to the whole thing yet but Ye seems like an EP more than an album. Just doesn't have the vibe of a full Kanye release. 

It's good from what I heard but I wanted more. Not this generation's Thriller or anything but I think Kanye achieved that with My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. There's an argument for that being the greatest album ever.

• Like 2

It definitely is, currently, my favorite album ever.  Although honestly that may fade if the Trump stuff keeps up -- not that it affects my enjoyment of the old songs (they're still fucking great and I did enjoy his production on Daytona, especially Santeria), I just find myself going to Kanye less recently, when before MBDTF was in rotation at least once a month and 808s and Runaway were in my sleep music rotation.

Edited by LittleDaniel