FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

Agree with the Irish guy. I can’t stand English football fans. The obsession with the Second World War, the obsession with the Falklands War, the obsession with singing about the IRA, the dreadful tattoos, the tendency to “invade” local squares, the compete lack of respect or interest in the cities, cultures and countries that they “invade”, the big angry potato faces, the obsession with throwing furniture at people, the obsession with the empire, the songs about Brexit, the arrogance, the narcissism.

Fresh from taking part in the free Tommy Robinson rally in London, they popped over to Volgograd and did a few pro-nazi gestures, had the arrogance to decide that after beating two shit teams they better finish second because it makes it easier to get to the final so they can continue singing about wars and telling Europe to fuck off for a few games more.

This isn’t a British thing: this doesn’t happen at Scotland and Wales games. It’s an English thing.

I don’t have anything against the team. Southgate seems like a nice fellow. As do most of the players. But I’m looking forward to them shitting the bed against Colombia.

Edited by metalman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, metalman said:

Agree with the Irish guy. I can’t stand English football fans. The obsession with the Second World War, the obsession with the Falklands War, the obsession with singing about the IRA, the dreadful tattoos, the tendency to “invade” local squares, the compete lack of respect or interest in the cities, cultures and countries that they “invade”, the big angry potato faces, the obsession with throwing furniture at people, the obsession with the empire, the songs about Brexit, the arrogance, the narcissism.

Fresh from taking part in the free Tommy Robinson rally in London, they popped over to Volgograd and did a few pro-maxi gestures, had the arrogance to decide that after beating two shit teams they better finish second because it makes it easier to get to the final so they can continue singing about wars and telling Europe to fuck off for a few games more.

This isn’t a British thing: this doesn’t happen at Scotland and Wales games. It’s an English thing.

I don’t have anything against the team. Southgate seems like a nice fellow. As do most of the players. But I’m looking forward to them shitting the bed against Colombia.

Over the last couple of months, we've started referring to these people as "gammons".

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

There is no World Cup today.

What on earth do I do?

Make a montage of Sad Messi set to "Sound of Silence"?

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 1

• Admin
29 minutes ago, metalman said:

Fresh from taking part in the free Tommy Robinson rally in London, they popped over to Volgograd and did a few pro-maxi gestures, had the arrogance to decide that after beating two shit teams they better finish second because it makes it easier to get to the final so they can continue singing about wars and telling Europe to fuck off for a few games more.

BREXIT MEANS BREXIT

• Like 1

Yes but Brexit is neither fooly nor cooly so fuck it.

Also another reason I hate the England football team is because my Dad and brother narrowly avoided being injured at the 1995 friendly at Lansdowne Road. We were winning 1-0 and that's when the lovely England fans decided to start rioting and throwing seats down onto Irish fans. This for no reason other than being cunts.

This was after singing IRA songs and throwing Nazi salutes up during our anthem. 

I was only 3 and too young to go at the time, thankfully! But yeah, it's hard to not hate the England team. I like Southgate and the players but I wish every possible embarrassing failure upon them and their awful fans.

2 hours ago, TCO said:

I think the easier half of the draw thing is overblown. If you're gonna win the whole thing then you'll have to beat big teams regardless.

I don't think England beat Croatia or Spain even if they can get through the so-called easier games. Scraping past Tunisia and whooping Panama shows nothing too. We have no idea if England are any good or not. Kane's 5 goals have got to be the worst set collection of goals for any top scorer ever too. One decent free header is the highlight.

Also lol at the Daily Mail: England Reserves 0-1 Belgium Reserves. You still fucking lost you bellends.

While I obviously agree with you having to beat the big teams -  we'd have made a semi final, which will be fucking amazing. Whether we get there or not is another question, but as long as I can remember, I've never seen England in a semi final and I would love to see it. 

The World Cup has been so much fun, and so much fun to watch with friends, especially those who don't usually love football. The more games I can watch like that, the better. Hopefully we deliver. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TCO said:

Also another reason I hate the England football team is because my Dad and brother narrowly avoided being injured at the 1995 friendly at Lansdowne Road. We were winning 1-0 and that's when the lovely England fans decided to start rioting and throwing seats down onto Irish fans. This for no reason other than being cunts.

This was after singing IRA songs and throwing Nazi salutes up during our anthem. 

I was only 3 and too young to go at the time, thankfully! But yeah, it's hard to not hate the England team. I like Southgate and the players but I wish every possible embarrassing failure upon them and their awful fans.

I'm not a fan of taring a set of people because of the dickhead actions of certain people and I think it's a dangerous attitude to have. 

Not every England fan is a dickhead or a racist. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DMarriocco said:

I'm not a fan of taring a set of people because of the dickhead actions of certain people and I think it's a dangerous attitude to have. 

Oh I'm not saying all England fans are like that, just that there's enough of them for me to actively wish their team fails miserably.

I know lots of lovely English football fans and I'm sure everyone here falls under that bracket!

9 minutes ago, DMarriocco said:

#notallenglandfans

But enough of them.

• Like 2

Well, America didn't make it (Thanks Trump) and Iceland are out and I'm more English than I am anything else so I'm backing them.

But yeah, nationalist chants and other bullshit can fuck right off. One thing I really miss about going to Strikers matches is how the supporters were super inclusive. They even protested alongside Tampa Bay's supporter's group over the NASL commissioner being a cunt to the TB supporters. I'm not much of a people person but I always enjoyed being with the people there.

Edited by OctoberRavenO

Well some of our fans are shit too tbf. They keep trying to adopt the Iceland viking clap for some reason.

Was never more embarrassed than seeing some lad with a drum trying to get a the clap going when we were 1-0 down at home to a reserve Iceland team in a half empty stadium. 😐

5 minutes ago, TCO said:

Well some of our fans are shit too tbf. They keep trying to adopt the Iceland viking clap for some reason.😐

The reason is probably because it's fucking awesome.

I'd like England to win, but I'd also dread the aftermath. When England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003, people who weren't usually fans of the sport came out the woodwork and started with the nationalistic toxicity. A global football victory would generate that on a much larger scale.

34 minutes ago, DMarriocco said:

I agree with this in principle, just as I'd agree that people labelling all Liverpool fans as hooligans because of the actions of a few at Heysel would be wrong. Having said that, though, the bad incidents stick in the mind easily. A lot of Leeds fans still despise Galatasaray, for example.

I've known several fans of the Welsh rugby team (most of whom are at least half-English, but who jumped on the Welsh bandwagon during the mid-2000s) whose cockiness, combined with the self-indulgent pomp and circumstance you get at The Millennium/Principality Stadium, makes me want to see them lose. I find their football fans to be generally solid, on the other hand. I find that Scotland has its fair share of nationalistic twats at their rugby matches too, and considerably worse are the Old Firm teams, who have some unpleasant characters in their fanbases too.