FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

37 minutes ago, PolaMDK said:

vge2z3wcyk711.jpg

I thought Trippier had a foreign parent/grandparent as well?

11 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Seriously though, that first goal by Belgium should be Goal of the Cup so far. One in a million.

I thought that was an accident to be honest, it looked like he was trying to get it back across the box. Inui's was the best goal last night for me, this tournament has seen plenty of great strikes though.

Just now, PanamAdam said:

I thought Trippier had a foreign parent/grandparent as well?

Listen mate I am not the curator of the museum so take it up with them.

29 minutes ago, PanamAdam said:

I thought that was an accident to be honest, it looked like he was trying to get it back across the box. Inui's was the best goal last night for me, this tournament has seen plenty of great strikes though.

Well, he was trying it back in the box so someone else could score... so when you think about it, it just worked better than he wanted.

Semantics aside, that first goal by Belgium was an absolute jaw-dropper and we yanks love that 'holy shit' factor. Even better if it surprises the one who did it.

I'm not sure wether to funny that or sad that.

Also, Team Japan, ultimate babyfaces:

• Like 2

So, Swiss - Sweden?

This seems pretty open and I like both teams well enough, but I think I'm rooting for the Swiss, because they haven't been among the final 8 before.

Edited by entiel

• Admin
15 hours ago, metalman said:

DhIVVt2X0AI36ew.jpg:large

Yep, definitely hoping England lose tomorrow.

Colombia’s ambassador to the UK has complained after the Sun published a front page that referenced the country’s links to the cocaine trade in the run-up to Tuesday’s World Cup clash with England.

The headline reads: “As 3 Lions face nation that gave world Shakira, great coffee and er, other stuff, we say … GO KANE!” next to a picture of England striker Harry Kane.

“It’s rather sad that they use such a festive and friendly environment as the World Cup to target a country and continue to stigmatise it with a completely unrelated issue,” said the ambassador, Néstor Osorio Londoño, who is hosting a party for Colombian fans in a traditional English pub on Tuesday.

“Respect, fair play and joy for the game is all that matters tonight. We’ll be cheering for Colombia and hoping we can all enjoy a great match.”

The ambassador also predicted it would be a high-scoring game, with Colombia winning 3-2.

Local Colombian media were unhappy with the front page, with the website of broadcaster Caracol TV saying the headline “caused great upset” to Colombians.

The Sun sent a reporter wearing an England shirt to Bogotá to interview Colombian fans about their fear of Kane’s goalscoring ability.

A spokesperson for the newspaper said: “Like the ambassador, we’re looking forward to a good game tonight against a great footballing nation.”

They said the front page was “suitably light-hearted considering the context” and said they hoped it would boost the Colombian coffee industry.

It's not Team England's fault that the Sun are twats.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Malenko said:

Except they did... Three times. 

You are right 😧

German press lied to me. This is what I get for not checking my sources

EDIT: Now I see, what my mistakes was: The article said Swiss never made it past the round of 16 since it was introduced.

Edited by entiel

19 minutes ago, entiel said:

EDIT: Now I see, what my mistakes was: The article said Swiss never made it past the round of 16 since it was introduced.

They never made it past the round of 16 before it was introduced either. 

• Haha 2