FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

6 minutes ago, OctoberRavenO said:

😢

And it's not like it would have changed the outcome, unless the kick taker decided to lob it towards his own team's goal or something

Theoretically, it is important for things like rankings I'll assume. Plus gambling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Switzerlineker said:

One of Russia, Croatia, Sweden, Colombia, or England will play in the final. Bonkers.

World Cup Trophy be like

Once more onto the pitch dear friends once more
to raise up these walls with our English cheer.
When the whistle blast blows in our ears
then imitate the ashen of the tiger
stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood disguise fair nature with hard favoured force
Then lend the eye a skillful aspect
Set the teeth, oh gentle men in England bend up every spirit to its full height
On, on you noble English

This English team definitely plays with more drive than years past but I personally will only start believing they can go the distance if they can get by Colombia, truthfully we haven’t seen them under genuine pressure to win or face the consequences and now we will!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

This English team definitely plays with more drive than years past but I personally will only start believing they can go the distance if they can get by Colombia, truthfully we haven’t seen them under genuine pressure to win or face the consequences and now we will!

I agree with your assessment.

I'm nervous, very apprehensive. Colombia have dangerous players and, well, we've been here before haven't we?

I just hope we perform to the best of our abilities tonight.

I don't feel good about England's chances tonight, I must say. I fear that people have got too carried away with a narrow win over Tunisia and a comfortable victory over a poor Panama side. If they do make it further, it'll feel like the Italia '90 run, a campaign that's been embellished by history and whose telling often ignores the fact that they got a fortunate draw.

I'll hope, though.

We all know how this ends.

Tonight, we absolutely destroy Colombia 5-0 and we're absolutely winning the World Cup.

Next round, we lose 1-0 to Sweden after an own goal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PanamAdam said:

I agree with your assessment.

I'm nervous, very apprehensive. Colombia have dangerous players and, well, we've been here before haven't we?

I just hope we perform to the best of our abilities tonight.

Though, let’s not kid ourselves, on paper and purely on paper, there is no way Colombia’s defence should be able to cope with Harry Kane, so if England loses then it’s completely their own doing.