FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

Suarez is pathetic. Every time he doesn't get the ball given right to him he whinges, he keeps just standing offside meaning they can't get the ball to him. He was doing this at 0-0 too so it isn't just because they're losing.

The play-acting by France is very poor too.

Mbappé now turning into a class A cunt.

This play-acting and diving really needs to be sorted out, it’s embarassing. The Uruguay player literally touched his stomach so Mbappé rolls around like someone just shot him in the stomach. Pathetic. 

• Like 1

Regardless of the fact that Mbappe went down for no reason I think Godin should've also gotten a yellow card for violently trying to pull him back onto his feet. Atrocious behaviour from both sides there.

That's what VAR should be used for as well, have a good look at the actual contact and when they see Mbappe or Neymar or whatever rolling around like they've been shot, give them a yellow card.

The thing is, I understand they’re professionals, but when you see players diving around trying to get your team punished whilst you’re already 2 goals down, I can see why players react like that. The initial play-acting really needs to be stamped out. 

It’s time UEFA, FIFA and everybody else actually got serious about it. You don’t see as much serial cheating going on during games in other sports. 

• Like 1

They really should, it's just another form of 'simulation', so I don't see why it shouldn't carry the same punishment.

• Like 1