FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

29 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Yeah, they should. It's not like they'll actually win anything.

What is the point of going to the World Cup if you don't think you have a chance of winning? 

We're now not sending any ministers or royal family members, which I'm fine with. Aside from this spy thing I don't think we should've anyway due to the entire Russian corruption in sport thing and the manner in which they won the bid. Same goes for Qatar, if we even qualify.

Oh good. 12 minutes added on time in every half.

I forget, do they use mixed nationality refs and linesmen? Because if you have a Slovak, Dutch, Italian and a Hungarian (walk into a bar) all trying to speak in a second language trying to figure out VAR it will be an omnishambles. 

We beat the Netherlands, they beat European champions Portugal. Its coming home lads. The maths is all there. 

• Admin

Fifa is investigating alleged racist abuse directed at French players by Russia fans during a pre-World Cup friendly between the countries.

A Reuters photographer at pitch level for France’s 3-1 win on Tuesday in St Petersburg claims to have heard monkey chants directed at French players on several occasions, including when N’Golo Kante came to the sideline for a throw-in.

“Fifa is collecting the different match reports and potential evidence in regards to the discriminatory incident reported in the media, including the one from the Fare observer who was present at the game,” Fifa said in a statement, referring to a network that combats discrimination in European football.

The incident sparked calls to persevere in the fight against racism in football with less than three months before the World Cup. French Sports Minister Laura Flessel-Colovic wrote on Twitter: “Racism has no place on soccer fields. We must act together at the European and international level to stop this intolerable behaviour.”

Russia has pledged to crack down on racism as the country faces increased scrutiny before this year’s World Cup, which it will host from 14 June to 15 July in 11 cities including Moscow, St Petersburg and Sochi.

Uefa opened disciplinary proceedings against Zenit St Petersburg last week for racist chants during a Europa League match against RB Leipzig.

Zenit last year were ordered by Uefa to partially close their stadium after fans displayed a banner praising former Bosnian Serb military leader Ratko Mladic, a convicted war criminal, during a 2-1 home win over Macedonian side Vardar Skopje also in the Europa League.

This is a good way to get rid of our hooligans. All of the England fans that have banning orders during international competitions should be allowed to go. Let them have a staycation in a lovely Sovie... I mean, Russian prison.

18 minutes ago, MDK said:

This is a good way to get rid of our hooligans. All of the England fans that have banning orders during international competitions should be allowed to go. Let them have a staycation in a lovely Sovie... I mean, Russian prison.

"Thank you for boarding this flight to [city hosting an England game]. I'm sorry to inform you that we have been diverted to the deepest recesses of Siberia and so your arrival in [city] is likely to be delayed by approximately 20 to 30 years."

11 minutes ago, stokerino said:

"Thank you for boarding this flight to [city hosting an England game]. I'm sorry to inform you that we have been diverted to the deepest recesses of Siberia and so your arrival in [city] is likely to be delayed by approximately 20 to 30 years."

Imagine getting sent to Kolyma. Even the Czars didn't send people there. Guess who did...