MLS 2018

HailtotheYo

TFC closed out 2017 by winning the "treble" ... great cap to a great build and run for that club.  Fans are more than deserving.

2018 will see LAFC join the fray and already BOB and CO. are taking it to the GALS.  So far the new LA club has signed Carlos Vela and Egyptian INT Omar Gaber.  They selected Raheem Edwards and Jukka Raitala in the Expansion draft and then traded them for Laurent Ciman of MTL.  They are pairing Ciman with Walker Zimmerman in central defense, whom they got from FCD for $$$$.  They also selected Latif Blessing, Marco Urena, and Tyler Miller (sorry SEA fans) in the EXP draft.  They also signed Penerol phenom Diego Rossi.

full list of transactions thus far here

trade tracker here for details on som of the movement

Atlanta has signed one of the top USL GK's from Cincy (Mitch Hildebrandt) and traded a shit ton of money for Darlington Nagbe and Gbenga Arokyo (who is starting caliber DEF).  They're linked to, and all signs point to them signing Ezequiel Barco.

Grelladinho (Mike Grella) will get a shot to come back from his injury as COL has picked him up.

SKC has brought in Yohan Croizet (from KV Mechelen in Belgium)

There are, of course, tons of things swirling ... 

57 minutes ago, HailtotheSickle said:

There are, of course, tons of things swirling ... 

Most likely none involving Philadelphia. The Union ticket rep calls me every couple months asking about me going back. I tell them every time that I'm done spending my money until the franchise starts spending some of theirs. Absolutely ridiculous that the Toronto's and Los Angeles's's's's, and New York's spend money on Designated Players, and we just flat out refuse to. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had the same conversation with my sales rep too. This joke of a franchise doesn't deserve my money until they give me a reason to spend it on them.

We have a manager that struggles to develop young players - we're supposed to be a club that is all about giving youth a chance, but hardly give youth a chance, and the likes of Rosenberry and Yaro regressed big time this season. We don't want to spend money on a #10 when it's clearly what we need. 

Philly needs to buy another pacy winger to compliment Fafa Picault, a DP number 10, a left back, and probably another CB since we decided against bringing Gooch back for some reason despite his pleasant renaissance. A back up striker will be needed to I would imagine. And we'll probably end up needing a new GK too because Andre Blake deserves to play in Europe.

Nashville is reportedly set to land one of the two expansion spots.

Surely between Sacramento and Cincinnati for the other. I'm expecting it to go to Sacramento.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fredy Montero's not coming back to Vancouver and is going back to Sporting CP instead (H)

I hope Sounders can manage to draft Alex Roldan this Friday. I want both of the Roldan brothers on the same team.

On 1/17/2018 at 13:05, GoGo Yubari said:

I hope Sounders can manage to draft Alex Roldan this Friday. I want both of the Roldan brothers on the same team.

HELL YEAH BABY, ROLDAN CITY USA

also the Union just got David Accam for a million GAM/TAM. That's nuts.

NYCity sells Jack Harrison to ManCity who promptly loans him out to Middlesboro.  Fucking hell.  Really liked the kid and he was one of my favorite players in the league.  One positive though, is that it opens up more minutes for Jonathan Lewis.

Zlatan to LAG actually has something to it this time.