Considering getting a PS4

METALMAN

I'm interested in a very narrow range of games. Basically, I like open world games set in the past (Assassin's Creed - the good ones, Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire) plus FIFA and GTA.

I've not really been too bothered about getting a PS4, but I recently found out there is a Assassin's Creed set in revolutionary France and one in 19th century London - and both those things interest me. I'm also going to have a fair bit of time over the Christmas holidays.

But, I don't really fancy getting a PS4 if there's only two games that actually interest me. Are there any other good ones? Maybe it's just because I've not been paying attention, but there just doesn't seem to be as many cool games as there were for previous consoles - which is why I've never bothered getting one.

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks! 

The great thing about PS4 (and XBox One) is the free games you get per month if you are a monthly subscriber to their services, you  get free games. So you'll get exposed to a much of different games. 

In terms of your question, there are lots of open world games to play on the PS4. Like, probably way more than on any console. And lots of different open world games - something like GTA V is vastly different than Fallout 4. 

36 minutes ago, metalman said:

I'm interested in a very narrow range of games. Basically, I like open world games set in the past (Assassin's Creed - the good ones, Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire) plus FIFA and GTA.

I've not really been too bothered about getting a PS4, but I recently found out there is a Assassin's Creed set in revolutionary France and one in 19th century London - and both those things interest me. I'm also going to have a fair bit of time over the Christmas holidays.

But, I don't really fancy getting a PS4 if there's only two games that actually interest me. Are there any other good ones? Maybe it's just because I've not been paying attention, but there just doesn't seem to be as many cool games as there were for previous consoles - which is why I've never bothered getting one.

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks! 

I would buy a gaming PC instead. The games are cheaper and you can use the PC for more things and all the emulators as well if you fancy playing games from a bygone era. The PS4 is much more convenient though

2 minutes ago, MDK said:

I would buy a gaming PC instead. The games are cheaper and you can use the PC for more things and all the emulators as well if you fancy playing games from a bygone era. The PS4 is much more convenient though

Has Ubisoft fixed the PC versions of the two Assassin's Creed games Metalman wants yet?