Favourite alternate versions

Benji

5 hours ago, Apsham said:

The version of Rebel Rebel from Reality quickly made it my favorite Bowie song when I found it.

This reminds me of Bring Me the Disco King from one of the Underworld soundtracks. It was a lot better than the version on Reality.

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip's first release was a very limited edition Live EP which featured a version of Thou Shalt Always Kill with Hip-Hop Karaoke at the end. Pip does songs by Onyx, Public Enemy and others over the TSAK beat.

It's the only version of TSAK I ever listen to.

The new Evanescence album, Synthesis, consists mostly of reworked versions of past songs with orchestral and electronic elements. My Immortal and Lost in Paradise both become even more poignant but my personal favourite is Imaginary.

Deaf Havana's Only Fools and Worthless Liars Deluxe includes a second disc which repeats the entire original album but in an acoustic, almost folky style after they did an acoustic set at King's Cross and realised they liked that sound more than their usual sound. The deluxe album came out just a month after I'd left for uni, and the fact that most of the songs are an ode to uncertainty with plenty of nostalgic references to Norfolk made it the deluxe version the perfect remedy for getting through the more melancholic days when I wasn't visiting home to see my then-girlfriend. She took to them as well and they effectively became our band rather than us just having a song or two that we bonded over, which only adds to the nostalgia listening to the two albums provide for me.

It's really hard to pick out a favourite but the album really has two distinct sounds; some of the songs are really upbeat while others are more mellow. The opening track, The Past Six Years, really sets the tone for the more energetic songs and just how different the style of the album is to the original version.

Anything by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. All music can be made better by speeding it up and chucking guitars into the mix.

On 23/12/2017 at 00:43, K said:

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip's first release was a very limited edition Live EP which featured a version of Thou Shalt Always Kill with Hip-Hop Karaoke at the end. Pip does songs by Onyx, Public Enemy and others over the TSAK beat.

You absolute fucking hipster 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 00:43, K said:

On a similar note, I prefer the De La Soul collab version of TSAK to the original.

• 3 weeks later...

Which version of DHT's "Listen to your heart" is the normal one? The slow one or the dance mix? Cause I like the dance mix.

• 3 months later...