The January Transfer Window - 2018

Lineker

On 07/01/2018 at 23:49, Matt said:

Whilst I agree that a goalkeeper is Liverpool's most needed acquisition, to do it midseason may not be beneficial. You often see second choice keepers drafted in midseason (for injury or bad form from the #1) struggle because they don't have a strong understanding with the first choice back four; introduce a keeper from outside the club and they have no understanding with the back four.

This is the best time to sign a keeper in that case. Give them half a season to adjust to his new back line and by summer he'll be bang on.

23 hours ago, Kaney said:

I always looked forward to the day I'd see him score :(

He played in the 8-2 game.

What the fuck.

3 hours ago, MDK said:

He played in the 8-2 game.

What the fuck.

Has he really been around that long!? I believe you like, that just seems insane. I still had Sky Sports when that game happened and I feel like I've not had Sky Sports in years and years.

I do honestly think Ozil will stay but it'd be sickening for Sanchez to end up at Man United. He wanted to link up with Pep at City but if he goes to United it's clear he's only interested in the money. They're not going to stop City no matter who they sign.

14 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I do honestly think Ozil will stay but it'd be sickening for Sanchez to end up at Man United. He wanted to link up with Pep at City but if he goes to United it's clear he's only interested in the money. They're not going to stop City no matter who they sign.

but didn't he turn down a crazy big contract at Arsenal? 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

but didn't he turn down a crazy big contract at Arsenal? 

By all accounts we offered £300,000 and Man United are now offering £400,000. 

I doubt he would have got to £400,000 at City to be honest.

It does reek of money him going to United, as crazy as it sounds since you know, Man City but it’s pretty accurate. If he wanted trophies, Man City is the team to join. 

20 minutes ago, Kaney said:

They're not going to stop City no matter who they sign.

In fairness, this season has surely got to be moot regarding where he wishes to go. Turning up at City when they've virtually won the title without him isn't exactly the sort of thing to base a career-defining decision on. Once we get to 18/19, anything can happen.