TEW16 Real World Update: January 2018

34 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

I'd argue that those who frequently compete in those matches should be down as being extremely liberal (the max level), those who have competed or do compete on occasion could be set as liberal.

That would be perfect. So guys like Kashin, the OI4K guys, Callihan and the LAX crew could be liberal leaning for usage in the less violent "deathmatch" types, whereas guys like Ito, Takeda, Takahashi, Onita, etc would have their slider all the way to Liberal so that we can use them in No Rope Barbed Wire, 1000 Light Tubes, Thumbtack Steel Chair, Salt-Water Kiddie Pool, Cactus Island Death Matches

Just some noteworthy wrestlers that could be added to the database within the next few updates if anyone could help provide stats for them:

Gunner Miller

Joey Lynch

Kevin Lee Davidson

Daniel Makabe

Dominic Garrini (AIW)

Karen Q (ROH)

Stella Grey (ROH)

Jake Something (AAW)

PACO (AAW)

Ace Perry (IWA-MS)

Mance Warner (IWA-MS)

Arik Royal (CWF-MA)

Ric Converse (CWF-MA)

Jesse Adler (CWF-MA)

Cain Justice (CWF-MA)

Nick Richards (CWF-MA)

Chet Sterling (CWF-MA)

Zane Dawson (CWF-MA)

Dave Dawson (CWF-MA)

Aaron Biggs (CWF-MA)

Mecha Mercenary (CWF-MA)

Coach Gemni (CWF-MA)

Edited by Y2JFan111

I would also look at potentially changing risk settings on some matches, if workers are refusing to compete in them and, for whatever reason, it doesn't seem like the most practical solution to change a worker's personality (I'm not sure off the top of my head what else, if anything, is affected by a worker being more Liberal or Conservative) - so you could have a Barbed Wire Match that's very much in the FMW deathmatch style, that would be very high content risk, whereas a slightly lower risk version could be used as something more in line with a once-in-a-blue-moon match in a non-deathmatch promotion, where the wrestlers involved wouldn't be taking quite so significant risks.

• Like 1

I think it would be worthwhile adding 5 Star Wrestling and the Freesports TV channel to the database. Given the new TV deal and tour their certainly in a better position than any other british promotion i can think of at the moment. 

5 Star started in 2015 by a guy called Dan Hinkles who was behind the 5 Star Wrestling games on the playstation. They started promoting a few events but recently seem to be going gung ho with it and are making waves in the UK. They had a big live tv special on Spike TV (UK) a year or so ago under the name "Dominant Wrestling". But they've announced a 10 date UK tour and signed a three year tv deal with Freesports to air a 3hour show (i suspect each tour event) each week live as well as a 1hr catch-up show on saturdays. 

Spoiler

5 STAR BOSS SAYS THREE-YEAR TV DEAL IS "THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME"
Published: 15/01/2018

THREE YEAR TV DEAL IS ‘THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME’

128 MAN TOURNAMENT STILL ON CARDS

5 STAR WRESTLING WILL HAVE FIVE DIFFERENT TITLES

BIG PLANS FOR WOMEN’S DIVISION

LONDON, GLASGOW and LEICESTER ON LIST FOR LIVE EVENTS

HAGER TO CHALLENGE MORRISON-RVD WINNER?

The creator of 5 Star Wrestling says the three-year deal between his company and TV channel FreeSports is “the opportunity of a lifetime”.

Dan Hinkles was speaking during a Facebook Q&A with the fans of 5 Star Wrestling on Sunday night.

Mr Hinkles said the deal with FreeSports lasts until 2020, during which time 5 Star Wrestling will become the FIRST UK wrestling promotion to air a weekly live TV series on a UK channel available to most homes in the country - and on prime time.

As part of the historic weekly live 5 Star Wrestling series he also still plans to host the world’s biggest ever wrestling tournament with 128 competitors – as announced during last year’s live TV special from Dundee Ice Arena. He revealed the news when asked if 5 Star Wrestling planned to focus on British talent as well as American names.

“Right now, Liverpool (on February 1) has a roster of around 30 (wrestlers) booked and 10 of those are coming in from various parts in the world, where as the other 20 are from here in the UK," he said.

“That said, we fully plan on running that 128 man tournament that we talked about and when that happens, obviously we'll be pulling in a lot more stars from around the globe.

Responding to questions from the fans, Mr Hinkles also revealed there are currently five different 5 Star Wrestling championship belts in production.

These include a new version of John Morrison’s 5 Star Championship as well as four other titles still to be revealed.

“We plan on doing things a little differently to most companies,” said Mr Hinkles.

“These aren't world titles, these aren't weight class titles, they aren't country based. We think all of those concepts are outdated and some of them do more harm than good because of how they have been abused over the years.”

Morrison will defend the 5 Star Championship when 5 Star Wrestling LIVE on FreeSports kicks off at the Liverpool Echo Arena on Thursday February 1, LIVE from 7pm to 10pm on UK television. His opponent will be the incomparable master of the Five Star Frog Splash, Rob Van Dam.

“It's going to be an incredible match,” said Mr Hinkles.

“John has been the 5 Star Champion for two years and one day. He's beaten AJ Styles, Carlito, PJ Black and even defended the title in a one night tournament pinning Drew Galloway, Moose and Rey Mysterio. But is there a wrestler in the world more synonymous with 5 Star, than Rob Van Dam?

Hinkles also hinted that Jake Hager, who made a huge impact at last week’s press conference to launch 5 Star Wrestling LIVE on FreeSports, may decide to challenge the winner of the Morrison-RVD clash.

When asked if 5 Star Wrestling plans to introduce a women’s division, Mr Hinkles answered in the affirmative.

“We have big plans for a women's division in 5 Star Wrestling but it something we are being extra careful with because we want it to be incredible. 

“So right now, we have our people on the lookout for the absolute best female wrestlers in the world. There won't be many women on the early shows but by the middle of 2018, we'll be launching something special. “

Mr Hinkles was also asked if 5 Star Wrestling will work with other UK wrestling promotions.

"It has never been our goal to be competitors of any wrestling promotion,” he said.

“We've worked with dozens of companies over the years and we will continue to do so as we grow. For example on Friday night BLW had Belfast's Adam Maxted giving a podcast and one of the topics of that show was Adam's upcoming match up with Rey Mysterio and how big the opportunity is for him, given that it's not only at the big arena in his home town but also LIVE on TV. They plugged our shows and here we are plugging their podcast. Rising tides lifts all boats and believe me... the tides are rising!” 

5 Star Wrestling has already announced 12 dates for the live weekly TV series and arena tour and Hinkles said he has venues in London, Glasgow and Leicester in his sights too.

“We want to run shows EVERYWHERE and right now we're looking for the right venues across the country to do that. 

“We've just announced a show in Plymouth and there's a show in Birmingham too. Hopefully we'll get a good London venue soon.

He also said 5 Star Wrestling events will be aired live on social media as well as FreeSports.

Mr Hinkles also spoke about the history of 5 Star Wrestling.

“In 2010, we started a company to make wrestling games. We launched a game called Wrestling Manager where the player would become a wrestling promoter. 

“They would put on shows, hire rosters, sign TV deals, etc. Then we released a game called 5 Star Wrestling on the PlayStation 3 followed by 5 Star Wrestling: ReGenesis on the PlayStation 4. This Facebook page was originally set up as a fan page for the video game series.

“Over time, we started running our own shows. We did a show in Edinburgh back in 2015, followed by an arena tour in 2016, then we made history in 2017 by becoming the first British wrestling promoters to broadcast a LIVE wrestling event on national TV. Now we're launching a LIVE TV series, that will run EVERY week, starting February 1st on FreeSports.

“So... 5 Star Wrestling is a newish promotion... you're pretty much finding us right at the beginning of our journey, but equally, we've been making products for wrestling fans for almost a decade.

Kind Regards
5 Star Wrestling

They should be set as a touring company with touring months FEB, MAR, APR, MAY - i'd put their popularity somewhere similar or between Defiant/WCPW and ICW. They book a lot of US name talent, especially ex-WWE and mix that with a few local talents, all on PPA deals of course. Their roster is below: 

The full 5 Star Wrestling roster* is as follows:

5 Star Champion John Morrison, Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam, Jake Hager, Adam ‘Flex’ Maxted, ‘The Masterpiece’ Chris Masters, Carlito, PJ Black, Moose, ‘The English Lion’ Eddie Ryan, ‘Liverpool’s Number 1’ Zack Gibson, Rampage Brown, El Ligero, Dave Mastiff, Big Grizzly, ‘The Professional’ Nathan Cruz, Charlie Sterling, Jack Jester, Kid Fite, Lou King Sharp, The Australian Pop-Punk Powerhouse Joey Axl, Brian Cage, ‘The Phoenix’ Jody Fleisch, Mark Haskins, Flash Morgan Webster, BT Gunn, The Primate, Deviation and Tor Atterhagen.

The Freesports channel (https://www.freesports.tv) is available on freeview (free to air/no subscription required) so has potential for big audience but it is a new channel and so relatively unknown, i'd give it similar stats to Premier Sports as it is owned and operated by the same media group - premier media so probably worth adding them as a media group with both channels owned by it aswell.  

Edited by JohnnyNitro

On 24/01/2018 at 20:34, JohnnyNitro said:

I think it would be worthwhile adding 5 Star Wrestling and the Freesports TV channel to the database. Given the new TV deal and tour their certainly in a better position than any other british promotion i can think of at the moment.

Five Star Wrestling, FreeSports and Daniel Hinkles are already included in the database. Five Star Wrestling has only run a handful of shows so far and I'll be waiting a bit before activating them due to their TV deal and if they can actually provide.

Add new stable to Impact Wrestling called Desi Hit Squad.

Membership details below. As of right now i can only find Rohit Raju (Hakim Zane) and Gursinder Singh (Tony Cage) in the game so the other two members and the manager Gama Singh will likely need added to the DB, not sure about stats tbh as ive never seen them wrestle before. 

http://impactwrestling.com/desi-hit-squad/

Edited by JohnnyNitro

As promised some new cuts for updated Impact logos for adding to the game WHO, as the current ones in game are pretty old.

- New IMPACT promotion and TV Show logo

iclr83.jpg 

- Bound For Glory Logo

1z5nfpj.jpg 

- Slammiversary Logo

2nlxwmu.jpg 

- Xplosion Logo

mkJUsgH.jpg

- Victory Road ONO logo

34qv8y1.jpg 

I wasnt able to cut the logo for the upcoming pay per view Redemption, set to take place on April 22nd in Toronto. The only image out at the minute is the one below and it was difficult to cut and didnt come out well so just maybe give it the ONO logo for now until we get a good image released for it. 

Spoiler

screenhunter_2469_jan._16_13.33.jpg

Edited by JohnnyNitro

On 12/31/2017 at 14:51, TheWho87 said:

"...still needing pictures for a little under 1,500 workers hoing to hopefully reduce this by the time of the next pack"

If you want, I still have my old KyKy pack containing no duplicates (from what I combed through) in both an Underlined and Non-Underlined version if it'll help? Basically a culmination of every modder's Pictures pack that ever had KyKy in it, but updated for the more recent Mods.

• Lineker unpinned and locked this topic
  • Lineker unfeatured this topic