2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

22 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Nearly time for Wright’s final game, which is sold out.  Callaway’s honored his wishes - Reyes hitting leadoff and Wright hitting third, playing together on the left side of the infield one last time.

Wright’s only expected to get two at bats and play four or five innings, which is a shame.  I was hoping he’d play eight and then get pulled in the ninth inning for the ovation.  But that’s indicitvate of how hard it is for him to play at this point.

Pretty sure I won’t make it through this game without tearing up at some point.

I hope he blasts one 500some feet.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

If you’re a heartless turd, maybe. :P

Oh, you zip it, @Busch Luck Fale! Rogers Hornsby was @Meacxico's manager, and he called him a talking pile of pigshit. And that was when his parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see him play the game. And did he cry?

• Like 2

Well the Cards are now out but both the Central and West are in play today.

White Sox try to avoid becoming the 3rd 100 loss team in the American League.

Russell Martin gonna do a gimmick player-manager, play-every-position game it sounds like.

Yelich going for the NL Triple Crown.

Orioles looking to cement/avoid the record for most games out 1st in the expansion era.

Khris Davis looking to keep the streak of seasons hitting .247 alive.

Time to make full use of my mlb.tv subscription!

• Like 1

This Davis thing is wild.  He will hit .247 if he goes 0-1, 0-2, or 1-4.  I can't see it being the latter since there's no value in him playing a full game.  I'm not even sure he'll play at all with all of the AL playoff seeding determined.  I could see the division champions playing their guys because they've got a nearly week-long layoff coming up, but the Wild Card teams might rest.

All of the NL playoff teams have things to play for.  Cubs/Brewers and Rockies/Dodgers have tiebreaker games tomorrow if the division races aren't decided today, and the Braves could still win the #2 seed if they win and the West teams both lose.

The scouting report on Khris Davis when Milwaukee traded him to Oakland was that he was too inconsistent a hitter.

Instead he puts up almost perfect Sabermetric numbers. Like Billy Beane probably never imagined in his life he'd have as statistically consistent a player as Davis.

• Like 1

The West game is especially fun because the loser has to immediately travel to another team's stadium. Especially Colorado who are on the road against LA, if they lose they then have to fly to Chicago or Milwaukee.

And this is the first time there have been 2 game 163s on the same day I believe.

• Like 3