2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

3 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

The Brewers closed out the regular season winning eight in a row with a 20-7 record since September 1st and 28-10 record over the final six weeks.

I have really liked Milwaukee since the offseason when they made multiple savvy moves. I don't know if I trust them in a 7 game series against someone like LA, but man they really could do it.

My initial hunch heading into October is an Astros repeat, but playoff baseball is so unpredictable.

8 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I hate the Brewers so much :( If we win tomorrow who do we play?

Right back to playing the Brewers again since the Wild Card team plays the division champion that lands in the top seed.

I fully expect to hear people advocating for the seeding to change after this year because you can potentially have the best two records in the NL having to play in the first round and in the AL the #2 seed Astros are playing a team with a worse record than the Wild Card winner.

15 hours ago, Lowerdeck said:

Boston's probably not going to make the World Series.  The bullpen gonna get blown up.

Hate to say it, but I agree. The Astros could very well repeat as AL champs. But if they do, I hope they lose to whichever NL team they face.

(The Red Sox are the only AL team in the playoffs that I'd be for in the WS. I'm wearing a Red Sox shirt as I'm typing this, in fact.)

33 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Hate to say it, but I agree. The Astros could very well repeat as AL champs. But if they do, I hope they lose to whichever NL team they face.

(The Red Sox are the only AL team in the playoffs that I'd be for in the WS. I'm wearing a Red Sox shirt as I'm typing this, in fact.)

You spelled “Yankees” incorrectly, my good friend. Perhaps a stroke have you did?

1 minute ago, damsher hatfield said:

It took him 3 batters to settle in and since then Lester has just been lights out.

This really comes down to the Rockies pen I think, because Lester is going 8.

Or not :( Not sure why we would pull Lester

That really fucking hurt