2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

COME ON GUYS YOU CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS TO MY HEART

mother

fucker

Edited by High Overlord Cloudfang

I can sympathize with Cubs fans today.  Playing 162 games only to lose the Wild Card game is just such a crappy feeling.

I feel bad for the fans as well as Bryant, Rizzo, and some other guys on that team who are fun to watch.

I can’t say I feel bad for homophobic Murphy, though.

9 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

I can sympathize with Cubs fans today.  Playing 162 games only to lose the Wild Card game is just such a crappy feeling.

I feel bad for the fans as well as Bryant, Rizzo, and some other guys on that team who are fun to watch.

I can’t say I feel bad for homophobic Murphy, though.

You were for this one game wildcard, two wildcard team mess weren’t you?

Edited by Meacxico

12 minutes ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Being in favor of two Wild Cards =/= sucky feeling when your team loses that game

See, I feel bad for the Cubs and their fans because they finished four games better than Colorado, yet got screwed over into a one game series because MLB is more fixated on making money than finding out the best team. I was just trying to find out why someone “Pro one game wildcard” would feel that sympathy, since this is exactly why I said this was a terrible set up. 😛 

The one-game playoff is basically an immediate Game 7.  Even in a well-played seven game series, I still will feel a level of sympathy for the team that lost.

The set up may not be perfect, but I do appreciate the importance it places on winning your division.  Want to guarantee yourself a series?  Win the division.  I've heard proposals to send division champions to the one-game playoff if their records are worse than the Wild Card team, and I just can't get behind that much like how I'm against proposals to put NFL division winners in the 5th or 6th seed if their record is worse than the Wild Card.  Win your division if you want a home game.  If divisions are in place, there should be incentives to win them even if your playoff spot is secure.

Now, if they can just straight up eliminate divisions and have two 15-team leagues with the top four teams getting in, I'd be all for that.  But I don't see divisions ever getting abolished.

Just odd you pointed out playing 162 games and then losing the one game ending the season.

If I seem on the edge, I apologize. Very on edge right now. I want every fan base to have their team win 100 games only for their season to come down to one game against a team with fewer wins, just to get a taste of how much this system sucks butt.

1 minute ago, Meacxico said:

Just odd you pointed out playing 162 games and then losing the one game ending the season.

If I seem on the edge, I apologize. Very on edge right now. I want every fan base to have their team win 100 games only for their season to come down to one game against a team with fewer wins, just to get a taste of how much this system sucks butt.

tenor.gif?itemid=5133112

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Meacxico said:

See, I feel bad for the Cubs and their fans because they finished four games better than Colorado, yet got screwed over into a one game series because MLB is more fixated on making money than finding out the best team. I was just trying to find out why someone “Pro one game wildcard” would feel that sympathy, since this is exactly why I said this was a terrible set up. 😛 

You make it sound like Colorado won 84 wins and barely made the playoffs.

They have a right to be where they are.

19 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

You make it sound like Colorado won 84 wins and barely made the playoffs.

They have a right to be where they are.

162 games don’t lie. Chicago won 95. Colorado won 91. Chicago deserves to be in the NLDS more than the Rockies. Having a one game series between two teams that don’t have the same record is bull crap.