2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

4 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

No I did not stay up to watch a game that started at 9 in the east and went 13 innings. Baseball *really* needs to stop doing this.

I agree but I don't know what the solution is when there are two games on the same day. The Boston/Houston game started at 5PM. The earliest you can start the second game is 8, I feel. But if you any earlier with the first game, people can't watch because they're at work. 

18 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Kim Ng is being looked at by multiple teams (including the Orioles) to become GM. I'm hopeful she gets a job this year, lord knows she's more than qualified. Twice as qualified as half the jamokes that get hired as GMs.

I really hope Ng lands a job somewhere.  Apparently she's made it to the second round of interviews for the Mets, which made me happy to see.

Ng, Rays executive Chaim Bloom, and Doug Melvin are all getting second interviews.  I have no interest in Melvin but would be thrilled with the other two.  DeJon Watson and Gary LaRocque are out of the running.  I was certain LaRocque was a frontrunner so I'm glad to be wrong there - apparently they ruled him out due to lack of experience dealing with agents.

Speaking of agents, it sounds like agent Brodie Van Wagenen is also in contention for the job.  He's Cespedes and Tebow's agent.  That would definitely be an out of left field move, yet I'd still rather try that than a boring choice like Melvin.