2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

There's been talk of adding the DH to the NL. The day that happens, I'm done with baseball. It was originally supposed to be an experiment, designed to extend the careers of players past their prime or too busted up from injuries to field, but that could still hit. Not give teams an extra bat by slotting in someone who can't field or by slotting a younger player into the position. I hate the DH. I love that the leagues are different, and the absence of the DH in the NL means those teams have to strategize differently.

I love the DH rule, because when I was playing baseball, I couldn't hit worth shit... but ask me to induce ground balls or back guys off of the plate? No problem at the lower levels. Aside from that, I don't really care too much about whether or not we have the rule, because I don't play anymore, so I don't have to argue with league officials that my development as a pitcher is being hampered by my inability to focus on that specifically... even though I just didn't want to hit.

I love watching deGrom pitch so much.  Eight shutout innings in the Mets' win over the Phillies yesterday.  But of course he didn't get the win because they didn't score until the 10th.

As if there is any more proof needed that pitcher wins are the most useless stat in all of baseball, deGrom has a 1.68 ERA over his first 19 starts but a W/L record of just 5-4.  Anybody who still cites the wins stat when decided who is a better player should be immediately thrown out of their profession.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

It really is sad to see. With our offensive production and bullpen, he'd be 15-1 right now. 

No thanks. I'd rather the Yankees not have another star that's locked up long term. 

Rentals only. But also please waaaaay overpay for them. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Ms. Croatian Destroyer said:

No thanks. I'd rather the Yankees not have another star that's locked up long term. 

Rentals only. But also please waaaaay overpay for them. 

They can have JA Happ for the last half of the season in exchange for Clint Frazier, Domingo Acevedo and a couple more prospects. Then we will re-sign Happ in the off-season to essentially come out of the trade with all of the players.

I actually hope that Happ isn't dealt if there isn't an overpayment. I'd rather they just re-sign him and have him mentor young arms for the rest of this throwaway season than trade him for whatever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

The way we slapped Happ around last week, I’m not sure Cashman is going to part with anything too great for him. More and more he’s looking less worth any type of prospect haul.

Tonight is a big night for Happ and the Jays. He faces the Red Sox. If he has a bad outing, that's three in a row. 

Whoa, Jean Segura actually beat out Benintendi and Stanton in the AL Final Vote.  Jesus Aguilar wins the NL Final Vote and rightly so.

Other roster adjustments:
Jed Lowrie for Gleyber Torres
Yadier Molina for Buster Posey
Ross Stripling for Miles Mikolas

Probably will be a few more pitchers bowing out in the coming days.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2018 at 15:06, Meacxico said:

It's going to look even more gorgeous with 7,000 fans in there every night.

Oh, at least be a little optimistic. With the new stadium, they're sure to attract more fans. It'll be 7,003.

There is no justification for them getting a new stadium at all. Even if they shared it with the Buccaneers, it would be a bad idea. They need to relocate to another state (or Canada), if anything. 

A $900 million dollar stadium? Hmm....should take...what...about 500 years to pay off.