2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

8 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

The new Rangers stadium is gonna come with a retractable roof, right?

Yeah it’s the major reason for building it.  Globe Life is a really nice park, when it’s not hotter than a raging inferno outside 

18 hours ago, Maxx said:

Yeah it’s the major reason for building it.  Globe Life is a really nice park, when it’s not hotter than a raging inferno outside 

Easier solution would have been having a lot of northern teams swing through there in April, May, and September - and have the Rangers on the road more in summer months.

Tim Tebow broke the hamate bone in his right hand and he will be out for the remainder of the season.  Hitting a surprising .273 with 6 home runs at Double A, he was expected to be called up in September which would've probably drawn people to otherwise meaningless games.

We have conclusive proof that not even this sign is true anymore:

678879c9b9e9ddaf68905b0daa908c60.jpg

• Sad 1

Checking over my fantasy team and now I'm wondering who is going to get more wins this season?  deGroom or Blake Treinen, the A's closer?  They're currently tied at 5.

Who am I kidding? Its absolutely going to be Treinen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yoenis Cespedes spent nine weeks on the DL.  He finally returned on Friday and hit a home run.  Then he wasn't in the lineup Saturday or Monday.  Placed on the DL Tuesday.  And now on Wednesday it's been announced that he's getting season-ending surgery on both heels and is expected to be sidelined for 8-10 months.

I'm already calling it right now that he won't play at all next year.  By the time he's possibly ready to return in June, the team will be 10 games out and he'll suffer a "setback" so he can gear up for his 2020 contract year.

This dude has to be 45 years old.