2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

8 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Eovaldi and Happ are the two big starters on the market this year which is great if you're a team looking for a 4th starter.

Happ slides solidly into the three role on most contenders. His numbers this year are worse than they should be because of a shitty Jays defense. He won't have that problem on a different team.

Drury is a good piece. I think he's undervalued by non-Yankee fans. He was going to be our starting third baseman before the concussion. And he was killing it in Triple-A. And he is only 25 with several years of control left. You guys could do a lot worse than Drury at 2nd or 3rd next year. Happ is old, a one year rental, and showing signs that he's nothing super special. Getting a guy like Drury for him is a decent deal for the Jays.

53 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

Drury is a good piece. I think he's undervalued by non-Yankee fans. He was going to be our starting third baseman before the concussion. And he was killing it in Triple-A. And he is only 25 with several years of control left. You guys could do a lot worse than Drury at 2nd or 3rd next year. Happ is old, a one year rental, and showing signs that he's nothing super special. Getting a guy like Drury for him is a decent deal for the Jays.

He would also be an insurance piece in case they don't want to promote Guerrero Jr and don't re-sign Donaldson (if he isn't traded). Drury, Aledmys Diaz and Yangervis Solarte battling it out for third base in spring training wouldn't be the worst case scenario for us next year, but I'd rather have Vlad or Donaldson starting there.

13 minutes ago, Toe said:

I like Drury more at second, but that's probably because I'm pretty down on Devon Travis at this point.

That's the best part. If you guys call Vlad Jr. up, Drury can be your starting second baseman, or play in the corner outfield when needed. He's very versatile. I'd love for us to keep him, but space is tight and we need pitching more than anything else in the world. 

42 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

He would also be an insurance piece in case they don't want to promote Guerrero Jr and don't re-sign Donaldson (if he isn't traded). Drury, Aledmys Diaz and Yangervis Solarte battling it out for third base in spring training wouldn't be the worst case scenario for us next year, but I'd rather have Vlad or Donaldson starting there.

I think they should trade Solarte this year. I looooove him, but his value couldn't be higher.

Happ to the Yankees all but finalized. Sounds like Drury and McKinney for Happ. Meanwhile, the Jays Double-A team is killing it on twitter today.

1 hour ago, Meacxico said:

Stop making me feel better about the trade. I want your best prospects!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I think they should trade Solarte this year. I looooove him, but his value couldn't be higher.

Happ to the Yankees all but finalized. Sounds like Drury and McKinney for Happ. Meanwhile, the Jays Double-A team is killing it on twitter today.

Stop making me feel better about the trade. I want your best prospects!

For a 36 year old, soon to be free agent, that continues to get rocked, you don't deserve them!

That said, McKinney isn't terrible. He's not reached the promise he showed a few years ago. But I stand by my statement of Drury. As long as he's healthy, I think you Jays fans will end up loving him. 

9 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

For a 36 year old, soon to be free agent, that continues to get rocked, you don't deserve them!

That said, McKinney isn't terrible. He's not reached the promise he showed a few years ago. But I stand by my statement of Drury. As long as he's healthy, I think you Jays fans will end up loving him. 

His numbers don't really show how well he's been pitching in my opinion. A lot of his bad outings have come because of some really really really bad defense that has extended his innings. 

Just now, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

His numbers don't really show how well he's been pitching in my opinion. A lot of his bad outings have come because of some really really really bad defense that has extended his innings. 

I think we've faced him...twice? Maybe three times this year and we've slapped him around like a stepchild. That said, we have a lot of good right handed hitters, so against a lefty pitcher, go figure. Here's hoping he can tap into whatever it is he has left and can leave the Bronx a World Series Champion. :D

1 minute ago, Meacxico said:

I think we've faced him...twice? Maybe three times this year and we've slapped him around like a stepchild. That said, we have a lot of good right handed hitters, so against a lefty pitcher, go figure. Here's hoping he can tap into whatever it is he has left and can leave the Bronx a World Series Champion. :D

Good thing he's not going to have to pitch against the Yankees! :P

He has pitched very well against the Red Sox (2.98 ERA). His last outing was bad but mostly because of some stupid errors that led to an extended inning where Betts hit a grand slam after a 10-pitch-or-so at bat. 

I'm mostly pulling your chain and the likelihood of getting someone like Frazier went out the window long ago. I'm actually excited to see him pitch for the Yankees and hope he does well.