2018 MLB Thread

The Buscher

1 hour ago, Meacxico said:

Yanks are sending Luis Rijo and Tyler Austin to Minnesota for Lance Lynn. I like it. The more starting pitching the better. 

Lynn, like Happ and Britton, has had success against Boston this season. 11 innings pitched and only 2 runs allowed. We're preparing for a war against the Sox as much as we are any other team in the American League. 

To be fair, can't blame 'em, the Red Sox are really freaking good. 

The Jays getting so much praise for trading away Osuna kind of bothers me. Albeit, I follow a lot of Jays twitter accounts so maybe it's just insular. 

Sure, we got rid of a guy who is currently charged with domestic abuse. On the other hand, they still traded that guy. Maybe I should be more upset with the MLB as a whole rather than the Jays. I don't know, I just don't know how to feel about it yet. I'm happy we got Giles and some prospects but it seems so weird that we were able to trade him. 

MLB is lucky I love baseball because it's not been making it easy to stay a fan. The Hader shit was brutal. 

I look forward to the Mets being stubborn and not trading Zack Wheeler.  Teams want to factor in that he was terrible last year and has missed two and a half of the last three seasons to injury.  The Mets however want teams to make an offer basedon what he's done right now, which is finally stay healthy and put together a nice season far better than his 4.11 ERA would indicate.  He's cut down the walks, is going deeper into games, and has the lowest hard hit % in the NL, even lower than deGrom.  Plus he has another year of control the team feels they should get a premium for.

So they want teams to ignore his past and focus only on the present.  They want an A level prospect and unless a team gets really desperate at the 11th hour, they're not going to get it.

What makes me so angry about it though is John Ricco claiming the team will keep Wheeler if they don't get an offer they like because they expect to be competitive next year.  What a joke.  Even if deGrom, Syndergaard, Wheeler, and Matz all stay healthy and give the team 32 starts each, they aren't going to be able to fix this offense in one offseason unless they open up their checkbooks for a guy like Machado, which we all know they won't.

Three B-level prospects for Wheeler right now is a whole lot more than they'll get next year when the team inevitably sucks and Wheeler is a two-month rental.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

The Jays getting so much praise for trading away Osuna kind of bothers me. Albeit, I follow a lot of Jays twitter accounts so maybe it's just insular. 

Sure, we got rid of a guy who is currently charged with domestic abuse. On the other hand, they still traded that guy. Maybe I should be more upset with the MLB as a whole rather than the Jays. I don't know, I just don't know how to feel about it yet. I'm happy we got Giles and some prospects but it seems so weird that we were able to trade him. 

MLB is lucky I love baseball because it's not been making it easy to stay a fan. The Hader shit was brutal. 

It's times like this, you just have to appreciate that the Jays got rid of a guy accused of domestic abuse. 

If this had been the NFL, Osuna would have sat out a weekend of games and his 'big return' would've been highly promoted. Instead, Osuna already has his new teammates, like Justin Verlander, voicing their displeasure at the acquisition. 

MLB is by no means perfect, but there's definitely more good people than bad, and guys like Verlander aren't afraid of voicing their opinions and concerns. As long as guys like him and Doolittle let the naughty minority know there's no tolerance for this kind of crap, it likely won't ever be the cesspool that is professional football. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Meacxico said:

It's times like this, you just have to appreciate that the Jays got rid of a guy accused of domestic abuse. 

If this had been the NFL, Osuna would have sat out a weekend of games and his 'big return' would've been highly promoted. Instead, Osuna already has his new teammates, like Justin Verlander, voicing their displeasure at the acquisition. 

MLB is by no means perfect, but there's definitely more good people than bad, and guys like Verlander aren't afraid of voicing their opinions and concerns. As long as guys like him and Doolittle let the naughty minority know there's no tolerance for this kind of crap, it likely won't ever be the cesspool that is professional football. 

Yeah, I am not worried about myself ever losing my love of baseball.

The thing is that baseball has a problem with young fans not falling in love with the sport. Part of that has to due with the pace of play. But imagine you're a young kid in Milwaukee and you see Josh Hader get a standing ovation in first inning back because he tweeted some racist shit. 

Being better than the NFL is a pretty low bar. :P

15 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

2 more deals.  There are gonna be no trades left for the deadline.

:lol:

Diamondbacks brought back Brad Ziegler

Indians got Leonys Martin

Phillies got Wilson Ramos

Tampa Bay got Tommy Pham

Cubs got Brandon Kintzler

Braves got Kevin Gausman

Athletics got Mike Fiers

Phillies also got Aaron Loup

Dodgers got Brian Dozier

Pirates got Chris Archer :o 

Mariners are close to getting Cameron Maybin

And I'm sure I'm missing some other ones that have happened over the last couple hours. 

• Like 2