How do you listen to your music?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How do you listen to your music?

• As full albums
    • As single songs
    • As part of pre-created playlists
    • As part of spur of the moment playlists
    • Other (please state)

Call it curiosity, just wondering how folks listen to their music. I tend to find music by listening to albums of bands I like or think I might like, and occasionally I'll find others from public playlists/suggestions, but I tend to actually then listen to music as part of my own pre-created playlists.

These days, mostly random songs on shuffle. I don't own a CD player or record player any more, so if I listen to music it's on my iPod when walking to/from work, or when travelling, or it's, very rarely, sticking Spotify on when I'm getting ready to go out.

If I've bought a new album, I'll listen to it through a few times, but rarely go back to it after that. I probably have hundreds of albums I've just not listened to at all since a day or two after I bought them.

I keep meaning to buy a new stereo/record player for listening to music in the house, as my iPod speakers died, and I don't want to just rely on Spotify, but I keep putting it off as other things take priority.

Yeah, like Skummy, I just do random songs on shuffle in iTunes. I'll listen to full albums if I'm in the mood for it. I've got a few gigs of music on my iPhone for when I'm at work and I want to listen to music.

Spotify playlists. Some created by me, usually playlists created by others. Very rarely full albums, but it does happen depending on the album.

When I work I listen to classical/orchestral stuff. Usually by symphony/concerto/suite/whatever.

When I have my winding down/reading time in the evening I usually listen to albums.

When I'm tidying I usually just stick some playlist on shuffle.

That's about it. I hope you're grateful I shared that with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Varies, but mostly full albums, with good headphones. Focusing on the music. Reading the lyrics, browsing the booklet. Preferably with a tumbler of scotch or similar. Especially if it's a new album I've never heard before.