EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2017: The Results

GoGo Yubari

It could be, but I honestly didn't even see anyone talk about it whereas when season three went off the wheels there was a ton of talk about it going off the wheels.

also if being awful disqualified shows from getting on ballots then we wouldn't have had Iron Fist show up...

• Like 3

BoJack aired season four and for the second year in a row it was my number one. I think there's an element of truth to it, but I think it's more TV in general than just a Netflix thing, Netflix is just more obvious because they're producing so much significant content in the last few years.

11 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

It could be, but I honestly didn't even see anyone talk about it whereas when season three went off the wheels there was a ton of talk about it going off the wheels.

also if being awful disqualified shows from getting on ballots then we wouldn't have had Iron Fist show up...

Iron Fist is way better than Daredevil or Runaways.

Fight me.

I haven't seen Runaways but as long as they don't have a protagonist and antagonist who both sound like they're doing a Zoolander impression then I'd probably feel safe in betting on it being better.

GF0tnuW.png

40 (tie). Insecure (19 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: #40)

rf8MSCM.png

40 (tie). RuPaul's Drag Race (19 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: #26)

vyh6kSN.png

39. The Americans (21 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: NR)

OQrHcRe.png

37 (tie). Lady Dynamite (23 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: #23)

vdbQdt0.png

37 (tie). Big Little Lies (23 points, appeared on two ballots) (Last Year: NR)

Next Time, on EWB's Top 50 TV Shows of 2017: KING EXPLOSION MURDER!

I still don't get why people hate Iron Fist so much. It's not great, but it's not like it's peak-bad Arrow or something. It's just a pretty average TV show.

Is it just you guys don't think it lives up to the standard of the other shows and are being hyperbolic, or do you genuinely think it's that bad?

• Like 1

Big Little Lies was just so juicy, it was definitely one of my highlights this year. It had so many great performances in; Laura Dern and Nicole Kidman were standouts. Also need to watch the second season of Insecure, because the first was really good. 

Wow, I liked Big Little Lies so much that I forgot to vote for it. Bugger. Would've easily made my top 5 whoops.  

Wait was The Night Of this year, too? And A Series of Unfortunate Events. Huh, I've watched way more TV than I thought. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Little White Lies was just so juicy, it was definitely one of my highlights this year. It had so many great performances in; Laura Dern and Nicole Kidman were standouts. Also need to watch the second season of Insecure, because the first was really good. 

Wow, I liked Little White Lies so much that I forgot to vote for it. Bugger. Would've easily made my top 5 whoops.  

Yeah, you liked it so much you called it by the wrong name. TWICE :lol:

Iron Fist was terrible from the moment a white guy was gonna be some martial arts badass thing, trained by - you know the rest. And yes, I know the original dude was white. Don’t care.

Also Danny Rand is the most pretentious doof I’ve ever seen. At least Defenders largely treated him as such.

7 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Wait was The Night Of this year, too? And A Series of Unfortunate Events. Huh, I've watched way more TV than I thought. 

The Night Of was last year/two years ago. Finished top 30!

A Series of Unfortunate Events seems to be The Best Show Everyone Forgot Was a 2017 Show.

Not much I've seen so far. I have Fargo ready to watch but haven't felt the desire to press play yet.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt I don't remember much of this season. This is the danger of binge watching. You take in so much you can't process it.

Iron First I skipped because I didn't like Luke Cage and heard it was dire. I might get round to it eventually.

BLUE PLANET 2 WAS THE BOMB THO