EWR February Update?

Due to the shocking news of PT, I am wondering if anyone wants to still see an EWR update. I've been working on one (mostly new Mexico and Japanese adds, as well as older favorites who are still kicking on the indies) and I could include AroLucha, Lucha Underground and MLW in it. I have a ton of adds that I wanted to do for a January update of my own, but I'm gonna try to update the birthdates as well.

So I have two questions, would anyone want to see one and who would be willing help with anything with it?

3 hours ago, mkpunk said:

Due to the shocking news of PT, I am wondering if anyone wants to still see an EWR update. I've been working on one (mostly new Mexico and Japanese adds, as well as older favorites who are still kicking on the indies) and I could include AroLucha, Lucha Underground and MLW in it. I have a ton of adds that I wanted to do for a January update of my own, but I'm gonna try to update the birthdates as well.

So I have two questions, would anyone want to see one and who would be willing help with anything with it?

I 100% want to try and get some more love for Canada in this game. So Would be willing to add in Smash, Destiny Wrestling and Alpha-1. Plus I can help you update all the birthdays. 

2 hours ago, This Is APSHAM said:

I thought this was a Giver type situation where it has to be passed down. What have we done?

I nominate Cross Eyed Owl.

Huh, I know people like me still want to play it. I don't know why people can't make their own updates.

1 hour ago, jmac7164 said:

I 100% want to try and get some more love for Canada in this game. So Would be willing to add in Smash, Destiny Wrestling and Alpha-1. Plus I can help you update all the birthdays. 

I would love to see more of Canada in the game honestly. I have been sitting on stats for TdT. I already started working on the WWE birthdays myself. I can't believe there are many cases of ones very backlogged.

10 minutes ago, mkpunk said:

Huh, I know people like me still want to play it. I don't know why people can't make their own updates.

I would love to see more of Canada in the game honestly. I have been sitting on stats for TdT. I already started working on the WWE birthdays myself. I can't believe there are many cases of ones very backlogged.

Ill shoot you a PM and we can split up the roster. so We don't keep doing the same guys. 

5 hours ago, jmac7164 said:

Ill shoot you a PM and we can split up the roster. so We don't keep doing the same guys. 

Cool. So far I've notepadded the ones from Wikipedia for WWE, New Japan, Impact and Lucha Underground and a few ex employees of these promotions. I haven't gone through in the game thus far. ROH, AJPW, NOAH, Dragon Gate, Wrestle-1, Zero1, CHIKARA, PWG and Mexican rosters are next on the list. From what it looks, Birthdays from August on wasn't updated

Edited by mkpunk

I'd be down with helping/keeping the CHIKARA info up to date if folks would like. I'd like to think I have a pretty good grasp on alignments/who's on and who isn't on the roster (which is... a bit more complicated than who's actually on their roster page), stuff like that.

• Like 2

EWR updates have always been handled like the Siths "Rule of 2", except there is just one person.  Usually they'd announce they were stopping and someone else would volunteer as tribute.

Have an updater ever been banned before?

Since I've been here? No actual updater had been banned. People doing other things with the game (Mods/scenarios etc) have.
I think PT took over a month or two after Bill ghosted. JMac did it on off months as did Stratusfaction.

I'm willing to help with whomever decides to take it on, though understand I mostly play around with the "behind the scenes" stuff of the game.

I definitely would like to help, although I would be pretty useless for anything besides WWE and NJPW. I am actually in the process of updating the game for myself so I can play (set to Jan 2018), and am going through every worker in WWE chronologically and am making some tweaks (up to Samoa Joe currently). Made some notes on what I've changed aswell.. 

19 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I'd be down with helping/keeping the CHIKARA info up to date if folks would like. I'd like to think I have a pretty good grasp on alignments/who's on and who isn't on the roster (which is... a bit more complicated than who's actually on their roster page), stuff like that.

I'll appreciate that or anything.

18 hours ago, Rocky said:

Since I've been here? No actual updater had been banned. People doing other things with the game (Mods/scenarios etc) have.
I think PT took over a month or two after Bill ghosted. JMac did it on off months as did Stratusfaction.

I'm willing to help with whomever decides to take it on, though understand I mostly play around with the "behind the scenes" stuff of the game.

Hey I will appreciate anything.

20 hours ago, EWFan2004 said:

Question, would this new brand of update still have the stuff that flowed? Ie, cutting back on relationships and keeping important ones.

I already deleted a few disputed love relationships like Angelina-Richards and maybe the Gallows and a few for workers who are now WWE trainers that I highly doubt would be missed as workers right now like Steve Corino (I would use him, but he is a trainer) and Scotty 2 Hotty (when was he last used in a current game, let's be honest.) I'm also deleting many friendships except say Edge & Christian or Damien and Halloween (who have routinely left promotions together). Going forward, I'm looking to basically only add family and love. I must say, that one problem I do see is with many Mexican talents I am looking to add are family members (as common in lucha...) Maybe I can reduce cousins to friendships and leave only mother/father/son/daughter/sister/brother for blood... I'm open for suggestions.

I haven't done much with staff besides adding Steve Corino and Scott Taylor as WWE trainers, Don Harris as a road agent (to prep for adding AroLucha), and swapping Court Bauer to an owner (to prep for MLW.) Oh and deleting guys like Buck Woodward and Rob Bartlett who haven't done much. I haven't heard of Buck being involved in wrestling since leaving PWInsider and only announced the pre-produced Japanese hardcore pay-per views during the mid 2000's.

• Like 2

wait, did something happen with Angelina Love and Davey Richards? Because they were very much a couple when I saw them at DEFY shows six months ago.

Also I'm assuming we're using the December update as a base, right? I'll start work on CHIKARA notes tonight.