EWR Mod Poll: Which are the most Important Companies?

Which companies do you think should be playable (America)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which companies do you think should be playable (America)

• WrestlePro
    • WWC
    • AAW
    • APW
    • Beyond Wrestlig
    • Chikara
    • Chaotic
    • CWFH
    • CZW
    • HOH
    • IWC
    • MCW
    • PWG
    • Shimmer
    • Wrestle Circus
  2. 2. Which American Companies should be in game Continued

• WWN (Evolve, Shine and FIP)
    • WXW-C4
    • WWE
    • ROH
    • Other: Comment Below
  3. 3. Canadian Companies that should be in game

• Impact
    • ECCW
    • Smash
    • Alpha-1
    • Superkick'd
    • PWA
    • CWE
    • LUCHA T.O.
    • IWS
  4. 4. Mexican Promotions

• CMLL
    • AAA
    • Crash
  5. 5. Should Non North-American Companies be in game?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Which British, European and Japanese Companies should be in game

• NJPW
    • AJPW
    • NOAH
    • DDT
    • Progress
    • Rev Pro
    • ICW
    • 5 star
    • wXw
    • Other Comment below

As many people have complained about the bloatedness of the EWR games. The First Step to trimming the "fat" Would be to figure out what companies People actually want in the game. I personally Only ever use 3 of the companies (WWE, Impact and ROH) or a custom company. 

I'd actually lean somewhat towards removing Lucha Underground, purely because structurally it's very difficult to replicate in EWR - the game's not designed to deal with anything like their taping schedule, or the fact that they go without shows for months at a time, before you even get into contractual issues. That said, a lot of people still probably want to play as them, so I'd leave it.

It's also worth bearing in mind that it's not just about which promotions people want to play as, but having promotions in place to create a functioning, and accurate, game world. So I would aim to have a decent spread of companies of varying sizes, with that goal in mind.

Companies actually wouldn't be my first port of call for removing data anyway, as the game already has (IIRC) a preset limit for how many promotions can exist at any one time, so it's not an area that could be prone to becoming bloated in the way that workers, tag teams, relationships, etc., can do. And also, when you have fewer than the maximum number of companies, you're more likely to have random companies generated by the game starting up, or the Pinky & The Brain promotions, which obviously skew the game away from realism, and also take a lot of control out of the hands of the person creating the update. That's just my feelings on the matter, anyhow.

9 minutes ago, Skummy said:

I'd actually lean somewhat towards removing Lucha Underground, purely because structurally it's very difficult to replicate in EWR - the game's not designed to deal with anything like their taping schedule, or the fact that they go without shows for months at a time, before you even get into contractual issues. That said, a lot of people still probably want to play as them, so I'd leave it.

It's also worth bearing in mind that it's not just about which promotions people want to play as, but having promotions in place to create a functioning, and accurate, game world. So I would aim to have a decent spread of companies of varying sizes, with that goal in mind.

Companies actually wouldn't be my first port of call for removing data anyway, as the game already has (IIRC) a preset limit for how many promotions can exist at any one time, so it's not an area that could be prone to becoming bloated in the way that workers, tag teams, relationships, etc., can do. And also, when you have fewer than the maximum number of companies, you're more likely to have random companies generated by the game starting up, or the Pinky & The Brain promotions, which obviously skew the game away from realism, and also take a lot of control out of the hands of the person creating the update. That's just my feelings on the matter, anyhow.

I quite like having tons of Companies in the game so the pinky and the Brain thing doesn't get triggered and because it leads to stuff like OVW becoming the #5 Promotion in my game. I also like the bloated rosters but since a majority of people would like to have a smaller file ill figure out what I can easily trim first. May even lead to having 2 updates a month a bloated file with tons of workers. and a smaller file focusing on the core gameplay. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Carparama said:

Voting for CWE in Canada as they are the only ones who tour as much as they do. 

Saw them on the 13th. Chase Owens put on a fantastic match with Roy Flash Gordon. Followed by Chase Owens eating a DDT from Jake "The Snake" Roberts and I became a fan of Kevin Lee Davidson. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jmac7164 said:

Saw them on the 13th. Chase Owens put on a fantastic match with Roy Flash Gordon. Followed by Chase Owens eating a DDT from Jake "The Snake" Roberts and I became a fan of Kevin Lee Davidson. 

Damn! You missed me getting the crap kicked out of me in the 50-Man Rumble to Remember the night before! And yeah -- Owens/Gordon are phenomenal. One of these days I'll make the trip to Thunder Bay.

1 hour ago, Carparama said:

Damn! You missed me getting the crap kicked out of me in the 50-Man Rumble to Remember the night before! And yeah -- Owens/Gordon are phenomenal. One of these days I'll make the trip to Thunder Bay.

Wait you're a Pro Wrestler? 

3 minutes ago, cianocarroll said:

No way was 5 Star Wrestling suggested and not OTT in Ireland lmao what

I just put down the companies from Europe that I remembered. I Only have really watched Progress and a bit of wXw. (In Europe) Who are OTT's big names? 

1 minute ago, Carparama said:

Nope! I play the role of "radio guy who thinks anyone can do it". I drew #48 in the 50-man Rumble to Remember, and did a few comedic spots. Normally I'm a ring announcer/referee.

That's still really cool

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lineker said:

For me - I don't care what the game mechanics are, they were designed for the wrestling world circa 2003. NJPW is the second biggest company in the world and it's mad that you can't play with them.

Agree with this fully. The Japanese touring mechanic aside, there's no game-breaking reason not to be able to play as the likes of New Japan and Progress, ICW etc.

6 hours ago, Lineker said:

For me - I don't care what the game mechanics are, they were designed for the wrestling world circa 2003. NJPW is the second biggest company in the world and it's mad that you can't play with them.

You can...buy TEW :P

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

But we're talking about EWR.

You would have to set them as located in the US, Mexico or Canada. And how would you even balance popularity? For guys that show up in Ring of Honor there’s some crossover but the majority of their roster shouldn’t have high popularity

• Like 1