EWR Mod Poll: Which are the most Important Companies?

Which companies do you think should be playable (America)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which companies do you think should be playable (America)

• WrestlePro
    • WWC
    • AAW
    • APW
    • Beyond Wrestlig
    • Chikara
    • Chaotic
    • CWFH
    • CZW
    • HOH
    • IWC
    • MCW
    • PWG
    • Shimmer
    • Wrestle Circus
  2. 2. Which American Companies should be in game Continued

• WWN (Evolve, Shine and FIP)
    • WXW-C4
    • WWE
    • ROH
    • Other: Comment Below
  3. 3. Canadian Companies that should be in game

• Impact
    • ECCW
    • Smash
    • Alpha-1
    • Superkick'd
    • PWA
    • CWE
    • LUCHA T.O.
    • IWS
  4. 4. Mexican Promotions

• CMLL
    • AAA
    • Crash
  5. 5. Should Non North-American Companies be in game?

• Yes
    • No
  6. 6. Which British, European and Japanese Companies should be in game

• NJPW
    • AJPW
    • NOAH
    • DDT
    • Progress
    • Rev Pro
    • ICW
    • 5 star
    • wXw
    • Other Comment below

We're getting bogged down in making everything in the game match up with reality and that's why we get bogged down in thousands of relationships that end up harming gameplay and hundreds of staff workers that don't need to actually be in the game for it to function properly. Sure you can't make them be from Japan but you can find something in the mechanics to make it work.

TEW is always an option - I'd be playing it right now if I had been able to buy it on Steam when I originally picked it up - I had to do a HD wipe and can't find my receipt so I'm on the outs there, but there will likely always be a demand for EWR.

• Like 1

Yeah, you just have to come to a consensus on how it's done. I think the overness should be scaled based on what level each guy would be if they walked into WWE today.

Like, in realistic terms we know the level people like Cody and the Bucks will be at because of their place in Ring of Honor. Scale it based around that and how they rank related to WWE. If say the top ROH guys have an overness of 70 (just for the example) then the top NJPW guys like Okada, Naito, Omega and Tanahashi would be above that. Would they walk straight into the WWE main event? No, but I'd say putting them around the 80 mark would be reasonable in this example.

Alright so after the poll the basic game should be WWE, Chikara, PWG, CZW, WWN, Shimmer, ROH, Impact, Smash, CMLL, AAA, Crash

The Deeper game will be all as above AAW, Beyond, HOH, WrestleCircus, ECCW, Alpha-1, NJPW, AJPW, Noah, Progress, ICW, Rev Pro, wXw and DDT

3 hours ago, EWFan2004 said:

How would NJPW work as a fed in the game? Ideally being the American off-shoot of NJPW?

I base it out of Mexico at a National level so Americans are still perceived as foreigners. Put the Main card on Written contracts and the lower card/Young Lions on Open contracts with touring commitments to NJPW. This will have them out of the company doing "Overseas Excursions".
Maybe a 1 Hour show weekly (Usually highlights but ehhh) and use of the Multi-Event Exploit to book events like the G1 Climax and other multi-day Events.

• Like 1

On 1/27/2018 at 03:12, jmac7164 said:

Alright so after the poll the basic game should be WWE, Chikara, PWG, CZW, WWN, Shimmer, ROH, Impact, Smash, CMLL, AAA, Crash

The Deeper game will be all as above AAW, Beyond, HOH, WrestleCircus, ECCW, Alpha-1, NJPW, AJPW, Noah, Progress, ICW, Rev Pro, wXw and DDT

Out of curiosity, how long do you think it'll take to release the updates? I ask only because I've been thinking of starting a game but don't want to find out that an update will be out on February 1st and I have to restart the game for example. Also if you need any help with the updates I'd be willing to provide information on WWE/NXT as that is mainly what I watch nowadays.

15 hours ago, Rocky said:

I base it out of Mexico at a National level so Americans are still perceived as foreigners. Put the Main card on Written contracts and the lower card/Young Lions on Open contracts with touring commitments to NJPW. This will have them out of the company doing "Overseas Excursions".
Maybe a 1 Hour show weekly (Usually highlights but ehhh) and use of the Multi-Event Exploit to book events like the G1 Climax and other multi-day Events.

That would make a lot of sense.

8 hours ago, Razor1124 said:

Out of curiosity, how long do you think it'll take to release the updates? I ask only because I've been thinking of starting a game but don't want to find out that an update will be out on February 1st and I have to restart the game for example. Also if you need any help with the updates I'd be willing to provide information on WWE/NXT as that is mainly what I watch nowadays.

Im hoping to get a basic update out on the first using the current update and then ill move into the massive update for March 1st. 

Don't download them or delete the other feds if you aren't a fan. Personally EWR might as well be abandoned if we're going to stick rigidly to the set-up of the wrestling world as it was 15 years ago. And I think as it remains freeware and a simple, fun game to play that effort should be made to make these updates and make them in a way that suits the modern wrestling world.

And I say that as someone who owns and plays TEW 16 too.

• Like 3

I haven't played EWR in forever - what are the gameplay mechanics that it would work against including non-North American promotions?

• The Japan touring system
  • That the game only actively recognises USA, Canada and Mexico
  • In-game currency
  • Balancing of overness

Is there anything else that I'm missing? Because while my thoughts are to stick to what the game is built for, we are looking at a game released 15 years ago, that somewhat reflected the wrestling scene at the time, but doesn't reflect the scene today - there will always have to be concessions made, and certain aspects retro-fitted to fit the game mechanics.

So, for me, the question is what stands in the way of including something like NJPW, and is it insurmountable?

• Like 2