UEFA Nations League 2018/19

Lineker

In a moment of madness I got an Ireland season ticket. So after sitting in the pissing rain hungover to watch one of worst games of football ever on Saturday night, I get to do it all again tomorrow.

At least without Bale and Ramsay, we might squeak another 0-0 draw.  I can tell the grandkids I saw a midfield 3 of Harry Arter, Callum O'Dowda and Cyrus Christie play at international level. Once in a lifetime that.

• Haha 1

I missed the first half and caught the highlights, the commentary trying to sell the first goal as "playing it out from the back, 17 passes" when the 14th pass is Pickford hoofing it from the 6 yard box was lovely. Well played, but terrible defending for all three goals. 

Carragher suggesting the game was like a Champions League quarter final has utterly stumped me too. 

Shite game, unsurprisingly. 

Plus side, the U21s won, and Mo Touray came off the bench - he's on loan at Barry Town from Newport and looks a very good prospect. Had a brief chat with him after the game at the weekend too. Basically best mates now. 

received_174923173426197.jpeg

Gibraltar beat Liechtenstein 2-1! I believe that means they have their first ever two game winning streak? 

1 hour ago, DFF said:

Gibraltar beat Liechtenstein 2-1! I believe that means they have their first ever two game winning streak? 

In official matches anyway.

🇬🇮🇬🇮🇬🇮 🇬🇮!

9 hours ago, DFF said:

And also the first time they've scored 2 goals in a competitive game, I think.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really have much interest in international football but I always find it interesting that Martin O'Neill will call up Caoimhin Kelleher, who has never played a professional game of football, but a League of Ireland player? No, they're not at a high enough level.