Sign in to follow this  
Lineklaus

Vince McMahon to relaunch the XFL

4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The league owns all the teams, so it can do that.  With this talent pool it’s extremely important to make sure every team has what passes for a decent QB.  

Is there a list of who is available? I imagine it's gotta be close to the 'talent' that the AAF or whatever the shit they were called had. 

Partial list.  Landry Jones obviously, Connor Cook was on there, as was Joe Callahan.

So slightly better than the AAFL in the sense that they haven’t washed out entirely yet

24 minutes ago, Maxx said:

The league owns all the teams, so it can do that.  With this talent pool it’s extremely important to make sure every team has what passes for a decent QB.  

I mean I just figured every team was gonna draft a QB first anyway so may as well let them pick their own.

Then again maybe the teams all ranked their top 8 QBs or whatever and the league will find a way to divvy it up.

Here's a potential starting job for Kaepernick 

1 hour ago, Trent Buschetta said:

I mean I just figured every team was gonna draft a QB first anyway so may as well let them pick their own.

Then again maybe the teams all ranked their top 8 QBs or whatever and the league will find a way to divvy it up.

Each coach has a list of 10 QBs they want. League is negotiating contracts with them. I was under the impression Landry Jones was one of the tier1 QBs

1 hour ago, JMarushin said:

Here's a potential starting job for Kaepernick 

He ain't playing for XFL money :lol:

Just now, iDOL said:

He ain't playing for XFL money :lol:

That's on him but if he wants to show the NFL he has the chops to play, workout videos are nice but lighting up a scoreboard is a lot nicer.

Colin Kaepernick...Vince McMahon...Donald Trump.

Nah, I can't see it to be honest.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

As much as I wanted Kaep back in the NFL three years ago...that was three years ago. There's plenty of other talented quarterbacks out there that haven't sat out of the league for multiple years. Even if he lit up the scoreboard in the XFL, which I don't think he'd ever participate in, wouldn't be enough for an NFL owner to take a chance on him. 

14 minutes ago, Meacon said:

As much as I wanted Kaep back in the NFL three years ago...that was three years ago. There's plenty of other talented quarterbacks out there that haven't sat out of the league for multiple years. Even if he lit up the scoreboard in the XFL, which I don't think he'd ever participate in, wouldn't be enough for an NFL owner to take a chance on him. 

No maybe not but twitter videos throwing against no defense will do/is doing even less

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Colin Kaepernick...Vince McMahon...Donald Trump.

Nah, I can't see it to be honest.

Vince not wanting something controversial to help sell tickets? 

50 minutes ago, MDK said:

Vince not wanting something controversial to help sell tickets? 

Wasn't it literally part of the XFL's start-up pitch that players would be forced to respect the national anthem, or somesuch? 

Just now, Skummy said:

Wasn't it literally part of the XFL's start-up pitch that players would be forced to respect the national anthem, or somesuch? 

Exactly. Perfect heel storyline. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Was there ever any talk of him playing in Europe? Not as much money but it would have been a coup to get such a player.

DD741505-4FD2-47BE-ACB4-42173CC82133.jpeg

QBs have been assigned

Battlehawks and Roughnecks already showing votes of no confidence in their assigned QBs by drafting backups early