Sign in to follow this  
Lineker

Vince McMahon to relaunch the XFL

I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope it flops worse than the original did.

Depending on what fans they listen to, it still could be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, metalman said:

Disappointed this wasn't an announcement for the Xtreme Cricket League

Instead of a maximum amount of bouncers per over it'll be a minimum of 3 bouncers per over and no punishment for beamers. And the stumps will be on fire throughout the whole match.

The ICC can feel free to bring in that last one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gazz said:
  • Dallas Felons
  • Detroit Lemons
  • Los Angeles Riots
  • Miami Dealers
  • Milwaukee Beers
  • New Jersey Informants
  • Roswell Aliens
  • San Antonio Defenders
  • San Francisco Ferries

Thank me later Vince

Careful, I hear if Milwaukee loses, ownership reverts to Ivanka Trump

In related news, Charles Montgomery Burns is moving forward with his plan to block out the sun again, because billionaires never learn.

I do hope the XFL is different this time. Maybe Triple H can be put in charge of the XFL's developmental league. Maybe they can have two conferences that only come together for longer football games 4 times a year. Maybe Stephanie can emasculate all the football players for losing. Maybe Shane can be forced to compete in a football game a couple times a year. The possibilities are endless. :P

• Like 1

If they want to be successful:

No stupid scramble for the ball. It was stupid and led to injuries.

Want wrestling personalities involved? Then make them field reporters or something. NOT part of the commentary team for the game.

Yeah those were the reasons it failed

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It will be interesting to see what network if any will pick up the XFL. On one hand, this failed before so I don't have any hopes for it this time around but then again, as someone whose getting tired of the NFL in recent years, I wouldn't mind seeing the NFL get some competition. 

I could potentially see Barstool Sports getting involved in this project one way or another. 

I think Facebook and Amazon may well be interested, maybe Twitter as well. More perhaps to prepare them for a major league sport further down the line.

WWE Network, surely?

2gkt.png

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Three things:

1) Last year, I bought an entire set of XFL lapel pins (all of the teams plus an XFL logo one) from some dude in Germany off of eBay. I feel like this made them a lot less cool (Were they ever cool? Not the debate here).

2) SIGN GOD DAMN JARED LORENZEN

3) Real talk: This needs to be an arena football league. Why? Arena football is a much faster game than normal football, and it's different enough where you can't compare it directly to the NFL. Arena football has been kind of floundering around in obscurity for a while (more on that later) but I think enough people will tune into the first game out of interest that a casual fan who has never seen it before, might find it interesting enough to stick around.

The top league of arena football, the AFL, is really struggling. They're going to be down to four teams next season. The XFL will never top the NFL, but Vince could realistically own the top arena football league in America. Fuck it, Vince should just buy the AFL if he wants to own a football league so bad. 

I just really like arena football and want to see it become more popular. :shifty:

Edited by Yitzy

Arena Football sucks. Some people have argued that it lets players not good enough to get into the NFL or CFL play. And that's the problem: If you can't get into either league, you probably suck.

I'll give you an example: Andy Kelly. He quarterbacked the Vols in college, and had 2 more interceptions than TDs. And had one glaring weakness: He was a deer caught in headlights whenever someone was coming after him. He'll probably end up being an AFL Hall of Famer, if he isn't already.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Arena Football sucks. Some people have argued that it lets players not good enough to get into the NFL or CFL play. And that's the problem: If you can't get into either league, you probably suck.

I'll give you an example: Andy Kelly. He quarterbacked the Vols in college, and had 2 more interceptions than TDs. And had one glaring weakness: He was a deer caught in headlights whenever someone was coming after him. He'll probably end up being an AFL Hall of Famer, if he isn't already.

2017 NFL Hall of Famer Kurt Warner disagrees with this.  Went undrafted, was cut by the Packers, then played in the AFL for 2 seasons.  Was re-signed into the NFL by the Rams and lead them on to win the Superbowl.  

• Like 1

After all the research and work into concussions and CTE by WWE and NFL I wonder if it will be more violent that NFL? 

Probably less violent, but they'll have more suicide dives and finisher kick-outs to build up the drama. :shifty:

2 hours ago, MDK said:

After all the research and work into concussions and CTE by WWE and NFL I wonder if it will be more violent that NFL? 

Vince McMahon specifically stated they’re going to make the game safer by making it safer.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Vince McMahon specifically stated they’re going to make the game safer by making it safer.

So I'm assuming no chair shots to the head?