United Football League

Lineker

31 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Vince should sell his stake in the XFL to buy back in on WWE. :shifty: 

I honestly think and have always thought that this was the plan. I think it will happen after the details of the next television contract are disclosed though.

XFL was a nice way to explain why the largest shareholder dumped nine figures worth of stock without raising any red flags.

• Like 1

Apparently Ebersol's league will not use kickoffs, onside kicks or extra points. 2 point conversion attempts will be required on all touchdowns.

So why not get rid of the kicker position altogether? Looks like they're just going to be there for field goals.

I'd like to see a league that lets the backfield be in motion, like they allow in the CFL. Maybe even copy their no touchbacks, as well. (But not the 3 downs only nonsense.)

• 2 weeks later...

According to the WON:

One very interesting note about the new AAF, the football league that Charlie Ebersol is forming starting next spring, which would be competition for Vince McMahon's XFL, is that all of the standard contracts will be for three-year options but would allow players to leave and go to either the NFL or the Canadian Football League if they were able to get offers, but they would not be allowed to leave and go to any spring league. In other words, they will get a one-year jump on McMahon in signing the next level of players (those who don't get picked up by NFL teams), and will have them for three years if they make the grade, and they can't leave after one year for the XFL, meaning it'll be another drop in talent level if Vince McMahon does get his league off the ground. Granted, at that level, if we say that the best in theory 1700 players will be in the NFL, it would be the next 400 (eight teams with 50 man rosters) that the AAF would be going after, and instead of the XFL having players who were theoretically 1700 through 2020, it would be players 2100 through 2420, which isn't that big of a gap. Bill Polian, who will be running the AAF (Ebersol's league), was on Prime Time Sports and said they had the idea of running a spring football league before McMahon, but didn't want to announce it until they got a television deal. He said that McMahon found out about their idea and he made the announcement first to make it look like they were copying him.

I can't see how this is going to be successful at all if it won't even likely be the best league outside of the standard season. And that last part is of course Vince being Vince.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

The XFL twitter cracks me up. "We're starting a new football league. What should the rules be? Tweet us!"

They're already miles ahead of the WWE in the 'listen to their fans' department. Which is good, because they're miles behind everything football related. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/03/2018 at 19:29, GhostMachine said:

Apparently Ebersol's league will not use kickoffs, onside kicks or extra points. 2 point conversion attempts will be required on all touchdowns.

So why not get rid of the kicker position altogether? Looks like they're just going to be there for field goals.

On 20/03/2018 at 19:29, GhostMachine said:

I'd like to see a league that lets the backfield be in motion, like they allow in the CFL. Maybe even copy their no touchbacks, as well. (But not the 3 downs only nonsense.)

It always confuses me if I watch a few CFL games and then tune into the NFL why everyone seems to be standing still. The NFL seems to either do it one of two ways, everyone is a statue presnap like you're waiting to be moved around a chessboard, or there's an audible at the line (followed by one on the other side) and it's a giant clusterfuck and then someone jumps the snap and wipes the whole thing out anyway.

Allow motion on the ocean, let both sides move players freely before the snap.

• Like 1

The offense already has every advantage in the book. Giving someone with elite 4.3/4.4 speed a running start would just make it easier for them. I don’t think I understand what you’re saying about audibles though. That’s just everyone changing into a different formation and then once again getting set (or “”statuing”).

• Like 1