TEW16 Real World Update: February 2018

Here is the update for February, main change this month is that I went through wrestler popularity for WWE, NXT, NJPW, Impact & ROH, just balancing and making things a bit more logical for 2018. While working through WWE I noticed some injuries missing so added those. There are some starting absences and scandals added that may not be accurate (Enzo, Elder & Davis) that don't reflect what they did but it's the best that's available in game. Beyond that, just the usual general updating with a few additions (List of new workers added this month), I updated all suggestions posted in the threads, hopefully not much has been missed.

Enjoy

Database: February 2018 (2)
Graphics: February 2018
Workers: January 2018

Graphics DLC: DLC 1 (October 2017)
Graphics DLC contains loading screens and pictures of non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date. They may also have their titles histories included, if they do you need to go into "Title Lineages" and remove their most recent record (identified with a "= -" or "= - #" before their record name). You can then activate the title (all closed promotions titles are retired) and then set the champion if they are under contract.

Helpful Guidelines

Spoiler

Tag Experience Level To Matches
None: F- / 0-20
Low: E / 20-49
Medium: D+ / 50-69
Good: C / 70-99
Maximum: A* / 100+

Stamina Stat To Match Length
41-53% = 10m Max
53-65% = 15m Max
65-77% = 34m Max
77-89% = 49m Max
89-100% - upto 88m

Popularity Levels (Based on general all region percentages)
0-19% = Unknown
20-39% = Regional Level
40-57% = Regional Star
58-62% = Recognisable
63-69% = Well Known
70-77% = Draw
78-84% = Star
85-92% = Huge Star
93-100% = Icon

Personality Templates

Spoiler

Class Act (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Driven
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social

Class Act (Positive)
- Dependable
- Extremely Loyal
- Social

Egomaniac Star (Extremly Negative)
- Bold
- Dependable
- Extremely Driven
- Extremely Egotistical
- Extremely Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Free Spirit (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Extremely Flaky
- Extremely Liberal
- Extremely Social
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Naive
- Optimistic

Grizzled Veteran
- Antisocial
- Conservative
- Dependable
- Pessimistic

Jerk (Very Negative)
- Bold
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Master Politician
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Extremely Dependable
- Extremely Manipulative
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Normal
- Bold
- Egotistical
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Party Animal (Positive)
- Bold
- Extremely Social
- Flaky
- Hesitant
- Liberal
- Optimistic

Rookie (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Extremely Naive
- Generous
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social
- Timid

How to Install a Mod and Picture Packs in TEW 2016

Spoiler

• Like 3

La Mascara and Maximo were fired from CMLL after destroying Ultimo Guerrero's car last year. They work in The Crash now. 

Sexy Star / Dulce left AAA after the incident with Rosemary.

Remove Matt Taven's contract from CMLL. 

Yoshitatsu is not in CMLL anymore, he is in AJPW full-time as a face.

As Konnan left The Crash, Bestia 666 and Daga took over the booking.

Add Joey Janela to PWG and The Crash.

Negro Casas is injured. He broke his ribs in his match with Sam Adonis. He is out for at least 8 weeks I think. 

Also Sam Adonis lost his hair in his match with Negro Casas as it was a Hair vs Hair match.

Hirai Kawato is sent to CMLL as his excursion.

Remove Chuck Taylor, UltraMantis Black, Leonard F. Chikarason, Space Monkey, Stokely Hathaway from CHIKARA.

Add Teddy Hart to AAW-US.

Add Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and Pete Dunne to NXT Roster with PPA Contracts. Bate and Seven are teaming under the name Moustache Mountain and Dunne is going to defend his UK Championship against Roderick Strong next week.

Edited by Does it matter

2 hours ago, Does it matter said:

La Mascara and Maximo were fired from CMLL after destroying Ultimo Guerrero's car last year. They work in The Crash now. 

Spoiler

I believe they have left the Crash and joined AAA, so just double check before you add them.

17 hours ago, Does it matter said:

As Konnan left The Crash, Bestia 666 and Daga took over the booking.

Add Tyler Bate, Trent Seven and Pete Dunne to NXT Roster with PPA Contracts. Bate and Seven are teaming under the name Moustache Mountain and Dunne is going to defend his UK Championship against Roderick Strong next week.

I held off removing Konnan until there was something solid on who was now running the promotion.

All of British Strong Style should be in NXT under PPA deals.

8 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

I held off removing Konnan until there was something solid on who was now running the promotion.

All of British Strong Style should be in NXT under PPA deals.

It seems Konnan is in a promotion called MDA Lucha Libre and he runs that now. He is in a stable with Juventud Guerrera, Kevin Kross, Dulce Sexy, El Zorro called MAD. 

I think I have a logo for them somewhere, I'll add them but they won't be active.

Something I only just noticed, I forgot to set the original download to start in February, I've updated the download so this is now fixed.

Impact Wrestling Updates

- Austin Aries is now the Champion, he defeated Eli Drake on last nights Impact broadcast. 

- Rename the Impact Global Heavyweight title to Impact World Championship - they are now referring to it as that and Austin Aries stated in his twitter post after winning that his first decree is to remove the word heavyweight from the titles name - 

- Re-Add Chandler Park (Ethan Page) as a Babyface with Lawyer (Comedy) gimmick. It was believed he was gone due to not being part of the recent tapings but he has since been re-added to the roster on the impact site and has been promoting the show on twitter, his return is expected at the upcoming Redemption PPV in Toronto. 

- Remove the working agreement between Impact and Crash, it has ended with Konnan's abrupt departure from Crash.

- Remove Ava Storie / Brandi Lauren, she hasn't been used in the last tapings and impact have moved her to the alumni section on their website. 

- Remove Brent Banks, Phil Atlas and Hannibal, they made enhancement appearances for them during the ottawa tapings but looks like it was a one shot deal as they haven't been used since. 

- Add a working agreement between Impact and Smash Wrestling. Smash now air on the Anthem owned GWN and impact talents like Allie, Rosemary etc have been working smash events whilst Tyson Dux and co have worked impact tapings. 

- Remove Dutch Mantel, his contract expired in January and was not renewed. 

- Remove El Texano Jr., Pagano and Hector Guerrero. They both made appearances as part of the AAA vs Impact storyline at the tail end of the year but  their loan periods have expired and they haven't been booked since. 

- Remove Laurel Van Ness she has asked for her release and it has been granted. 

- Remove Mario Bokara, he hasn't been used in the recent tapings and has been moved to the alumni section of the impact site. 

Also if you have time and logos, heres some decently sized promotions that aren't in the game and should at least be added but not active if possible - 

- Future Stars of Wrestling

- Rocky Mountain Pro

- AML Wrestling

- Superkick'd

- Wrestlecade

- World Wrestling Allstars (Yes the same one from 2002. Australian promoter by name of Wade Brewer has purchased the trademarks and video library and is planning an Australian tour later this year. They have a deal with Highspots airing the old PPV's.)

Just noticed the figureheads of several companies needs changing.

Kento Miyahara is the Figurehead of AJPW  (One Year)

Kazuchika Okada is the Figurehead of NJPW (18 Months)

YAMATO is the Figurehead of Dragon Gate (One Year)

Konosuke Takeshita is the Figurehead of DDT (One Year)

Io Shirai is the Figurehead of STARDOM (Over Two Years)

This isn't about this one necessarily but have you changed your naming trend since starting this update? Like, if I convert a TEW 2013 mod of yours into TEW 2016 and then import wrestlers from the current mod, am I going to find duplicates because of a slight name change?

53 minutes ago, Forever Forky said:

This isn't about this one necessarily but have you changed your naming trend since starting this update? Like, if I convert a TEW 2013 mod of yours into TEW 2016 and then import wrestlers from the current mod, am I going to find duplicates because of a slight name change?

Chances are you will get some duplicates, I do rename people when they change their names like Player Uno to Evil Uno or Tenille Tayla to Tenille Dashwood, other than those kind of things I did an update a while back where I removed the full stop from any Dr and Mr names.

Not at my computer at the moment to check the database but just reference regarding IMPACT Wrestling’s current PPV status. 

- They currently now run only 3 pay per views a year - Redemption in April, Slammiversary in June and Bound for Glory in October.

- The One Night Only events now air exclusively on the Global Wrestling Network.

- Additional specials will air on Twitch from co-promoted live events around the country. 

Not sure how you could set it up so AI will follow those rules instead of just popping them all on direct tv as I believe they will but as long as there’s also broadcast agreements in place for events on Twitch and GWN (as well as on demand) then that should be as accurate as we could get. 

Some contract updates

- Set the Young Bucks NJPW contracts to expire in January 2019. (9 Months)

- Big Shows WWE contract expires in February ie this month. I suppose there’d be a non-compete there, as well as his rehab but set it to expire in 3 months.

- Miz just signed a 4 year contract extension with WWE. Set it to expire in 4 years. 

Edited by JohnnyNitro

- Add Teddy Hart to Impact Wrestling on a PPA deal. Babyface, Showstealer (Cocky). He appeared on the other nights "Brace for Impact" twitch special, and it was announced on there he makes his official return to Impact on the upcoming Wrestlecon show. - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/227483397

- Set Sonjay Dutt to Colour Commentator sometimes and Road Agent sometimes. Whilst out injured he's currently performing both duties.

- Set the Impact Commentary team as Josh Mathews as Announcer and Sonjay Dutt as Colour Commentator. They debuted this new team this week on impact and its planned to continue with this team for the next while until permanent replacements are agreed. They also went with Josh Mathews and Scott D'Amore on the Brace for Impact special so maybe set the PPV announce team as that. 

- Add Tenille Dashwood to ROH, she debuted the other night. 

- Add Rey Mysterio to NJPW he will be facing Jushin liger on the upcoming US tour. 

- Add Strong Friendships between Don Callis/Kevin Kelly, Don Callis/Chris Jericho and a Loyalty relationship between Don Callis and Kenny Omega.

Don and Kevin have a friendship going back to WWF days, Don has a close relationship with both Omega and Jericho which was a huge factor in their NJPW match happening, Omega regularly cites Don as a mentor who saw something in him when noone else did. Jericho recently went to bat for Don and Scott D'Amore, calling Ed Nordholm personally to recommend them for the executive positions at Impact.

Edited by JohnnyNitro
  • Like 1