Cloverfield 3 is on Netflix

K

So just out of nowhere they've dropped a third Cloverfield movie. Announced during the Superbowl, and made available after it.

edit: ahaha that's roy from the IT Crowd ---------------------------------------------------------------^

Cloverfield 1 is also on Netflix, but not cloverfield 2 :rolleyes:

Edit: Apparently Cloverfield 2 will be up on Netflix on the 25th of February.

3 minutes ago, K said:

10 Cloverfield Lane. I haven't seen it. I think it just depicts someone elses story during the events of Cloverfield.

It was pretty good. Although the whole Cloverfield stuff was thrown in at the end. 

I can't watch the trailer because I'm in Canada? That's some kinda bullshit!

my friend sarah went to see Cloverfield 1 in the cinema and the jerky 'found footage' camera movements made her feel travel sick and she threw up like right there

that's my cloverfield story hope you like it

5 minutes ago, Ruki said:

It was pretty good. Although the whole Cloverfield stuff was thrown in at the end. 

I can't watch the trailer because I'm in Canada? That's some kinda bullshit!

yeah apparently it was developed from a script that was completely unrelated to cloverfield.

I thought it would be too scary for me so I just read the synopses on wikipedia, but then I looked up it's rating and it's suitable for 12 year olds apparently, so then I got mad at myself for spoiling it.

34 minutes ago, K said:

I thought it would be too scary for me so I just read the synopses on wikipedia, but then I looked up it's rating and it's suitable for 12 year olds apparently, so then I got mad at myself for spoiling it.

Have a go at it. Even though you know everything about it it is worth watching. Goodman is great as always, plus the bomb shelter has some good bits in there. Inanimate objects need an Oscar category for how they interact with actors.

Currently watching it, and it's good, so far.

Edited by KingofHarts_OH

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Quick thoughts after viewing:

Hide contents

God Particle was a pretty damn good movie.

Oh, it's Cloverfield?

My own quick thoughts:

Spoiler

I like how it was both a prequel/side-quel, and did the pod get eaten at the end?

After being able to digest it a bit more...

They have established that there are at least two worlds that exist. It can be safely assumed then, that on one of those worlds, the original Cloverfield takes place, and on the other is where 10 Cloverfield Lane happens. Monsters on one, aliens on the other. This can help bring things together with the fourth movie coming out reportedly in October. The fourth Clovie film is supposedly taking place during World War 2 in a Nazi occupied village, but it isn't Nazi's that are the threat. My best guess would be that the fourth movie falls into the timeline with 10CL, as in the original Cloverfield, there is no mention of history having been altered or different from what we know... but in 10 Cloverfield Lane, there isn't really much mention of the history of that world, or a view of that world, as it takes place inside the bunker.

OR, another theory I have is that the first Cloverfield movie takes place on a third Earth, which does not have the Particle Accelerator that these other two worlds did, because it is not fighting an energy crisis like the other two Earths. My assumption here, would be that the experiments with the accelerators within the other two Earth's universes caused some kind of tear in the fabric of reality, allowing through these monsters and potentially the aliens (if 10CL takes place on this third Earth as well) to cross over into the third Earth's dimension. It would allow for time-jumps and timeline altering as well, because the tears in reality wouldn't necessarily open in any kind of chronological order. Maybe the fourth movie taking place in the past, somehow alters what happens within the first or second movies, even just a little bit.

There is another theory going around that I massively dislike though, in that some people are thinking the multiple Earth's angle might be used as a way for Bad Robot to keep purchasing other films, slap some Cloverfield shit into them in post-production and claim that they are all linked somehow, but all take place within their own realities.

As for Cloverfield Paradox, the acting was really good and some of the visuals were awesome. I got a heavy Event Horizon vibe throughout, but felt let down that there was no real malevolent force, and that all of the random and horrifying shit that happened was exactly that, random. I am excited to watch it again at some point though, as I did enjoy it a lot... and I love trying to connect the dots, because even though these movies weren't conceived as Cloverfield pictures... maybe JJ Abrams DOES have a big plan here.

Alternatively, it could be that they keep making films and then tacking on some superfluous reference to the monster and calling it a thematic universe.  This film was the equivalent of making Django Unchained and then right at the end, C3PO shows up and you find out it was actually Star Wars IX. 

Honestly, I was sort of bored. It's another 'Bright', interesting ideas that aren't explored and a cast that aren't used to anywhere near their abilities. It's tonally all over the place, one minute they're doing Event Horizon-esque body horror and then the next, one character is making wise cracks over losing a limb and playing it for gags like he's chipped a tooth and all his speech is whistly. 

Is JJ Abrams thing that he wants to make seven different movies at once? You want to do a monster film? Cool. A claustrophobic psychological thriller? Cool. A sci-fi flick? Cool. A War World 2 film? Cool. Thats four separate films, they don't need to have an underlying narrative. He was the same with Lost, that ended up being thirty-five different genres all at once. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gabriel said:

After being able to digest it a bit more...

Hide contents

They have established that there are at least two worlds that exist. It can be safely assumed then, that on one of those worlds, the original Cloverfield takes place, and on the other is where 10 Cloverfield Lane happens. Monsters on one, aliens on the other. This can help bring things together with the fourth movie coming out reportedly in October. The fourth Clovie film is supposedly taking place during World War 2 in a Nazi occupied village, but it isn't Nazi's that are the threat. My best guess would be that the fourth movie falls into the timeline with 10CL, as in the original Cloverfield, there is no mention of history having been altered or different from what we know... but in 10 Cloverfield Lane, there isn't really much mention of the history of that world, or a view of that world, as it takes place inside the bunker.

OR, another theory I have is that the first Cloverfield movie takes place on a third Earth, which does not have the Particle Accelerator that these other two worlds did, because it is not fighting an energy crisis like the other two Earths. My assumption here, would be that the experiments with the accelerators within the other two Earth's universes caused some kind of tear in the fabric of reality, allowing through these monsters and potentially the aliens (if 10CL takes place on this third Earth as well) to cross over into the third Earth's dimension. It would allow for time-jumps and timeline altering as well, because the tears in reality wouldn't necessarily open in any kind of chronological order. Maybe the fourth movie taking place in the past, somehow alters what happens within the first or second movies, even just a little bit.

There is another theory going around that I massively dislike though, in that some people are thinking the multiple Earth's angle might be used as a way for Bad Robot to keep purchasing other films, slap some Cloverfield shit into them in post-production and claim that they are all linked somehow, but all take place within their own realities.

As for Cloverfield Paradox, the acting was really good and some of the visuals were awesome. I got a heavy Event Horizon vibe throughout, but felt let down that there was no real malevolent force, and that all of the random and horrifying shit that happened was exactly that, random. I am excited to watch it again at some point though, as I did enjoy it a lot... and I love trying to connect the dots, because even though these movies weren't conceived as Cloverfield pictures... maybe JJ Abrams DOES have a big plan here.

A YouTuber I watched pointed out connections between the original and Lane. Lane is just later in the timeline and the monster and aliens aren't connected unless it was just a happy accident and the aliens took out the satellite that fell and woke the monster.

9 hours ago, =BK= said:

A YouTuber I watched pointed out connections between the original and Lane. Lane is just later in the timeline and the monster and aliens aren't connected unless it was just a happy accident and the aliens took out the satellite that fell and woke the monster.

I saw one video suggesting the aliens send the monster to attack and then coming to finish the job, Pacific Rim style...

11 hours ago, Gazz said:

Alternatively, it could be that they keep making films and then tacking on some superfluous reference to the monster and calling it a thematic universe. 

It's exactly this. They just buy up unrelated properties and do the bare minimum to make them a "Cloverfield" movie. So poorly edited and cobbled together from disparate plot points that you can still see the joins.

It starts out well enough, but then just sort of meanders. Did nothing for me. They can talk about what a smart marketing move it was to release it on Netflix all they like, but I'm convinced it was because they knew sticking it on Netflix will save it from a horrendous box office performance.

• Like 4

Spoiler

"We're upside down" and that's why they couldn't find the earth.

Oh my fucking God, this film is so bad that a bunch of the world's most brilliant scientists and engineers had the same lack of logic as numerous doctors in a massively derided EWB Cube fan fiction from around 2005 :lol: