PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics

Lineker

After one of the female Russian swimmers making comments at the summer games, and one of the athletes this Olympics commenting about the `unfair ban' on other Russians and dedicating his medal to the banned athletes, and this curling incident, I think they should just outright ban the Russians from the next two Olympics. Their arrogance needs to be punished, and sorry if to any clean Russians, but apparently just banning athletes from competing under their own country's flag doesn't seem to be enough.

P.S. I hope they gave the one running his mouth some serious testing afterward. Especially since he tested positive a few years ago for a substance that was later banned. You yourself are a possible cheater, you've got no place to talk. 

A Russian failing a drugs test during the Games? No no, the BBC would have you believe the biggest story today is the French figure skater whose outfit came undone causing her to have to do her routine with one boob out. Straight to the big headlines.

NB: I'm aware this is as much the fault of the social media age as it is the BBC themselves, but I did find it amusing that they've been pushing this story all day as opposed to the doping story.

Awesome short-handed goal there by Slater to tie it 2-2!

1 minute ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

They're showing the same exact figure skating routine on both NBC and NBC Sports.  What's the point of having the Olympics on multiple channels if you're only going to show one event?

CNBC is the USA/Czech Republic quarterfinal game. 

In other news, a second Russian has tested positive, probably for meldonium again, at the games.

Good move that ban was, it's worked wonders. Also, the fact meldonium keeps cropping up in these Russian athletes adds further credence to the "Sharapova is full of shit" thinking regarding her own drugs ban in tennis.

• Like 1