Interest Poll: TEW 2005 Real World Stat Updates

IDOL

Interest Poll: TEW 2005 Real World Data  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in the return of TEW 2005 Real World Stat Updates? (Like those for EWR and TEW 2016)

I said no, but I'll explain why as well. I'd much rather anyone who has time to do stats and owns TEW 2016 do it for those. I understand that some people still play 2005 but I think the vast majority have stuck with EWR and those who didn't spent the money for the much upgraded 2016.

• Like 3

I'd say yes but only for a basic annualy updated sort of database, nothing too serious. While freeware TEW05 doesnt have the traction of EWR, Even when it went freeware I don't think there was much demand beyond those wanting to try the TEW style.

I'd think the from scratch EWR is a better option.

The player base is already there for EWR and for TEW 16. I voted no, I think it'd be unnecessary to go back to TEW 05. Its' biggest selling point is that its freeware, but so is EWR and that is a much more popular game at present. It's also easier to do an update for.

What is the conversion compatibility for TEW2005 to future installments?

I feel like if there were a way to modify TEW2005 in such a manner that the data could be upgraded to improve more modern TEW data sets, it'd be worthwhile to more than just TEW2005 players. I'm not sure how feasible that is though. I know conversion can't go backwards, but if developing TEW2005 data could yield upgrades for the TEWs between 05 and 16, you'd find a wider reach of people that could benefit from it.

I guess my question is what is the earliest version of TEW in which data could be reasonably converted for use in TEW2016? I'm sure there's always going to be some level of deterioration, but where is the jump where conversion becomes least useful?

• IDOL unpinned this topic
15 hours ago, C-MIL said:

What is the conversion compatibility for TEW2005 to future installments?

I feel like if there were a way to modify TEW2005 in such a manner that the data could be upgraded to improve more modern TEW data sets, it'd be worthwhile to more than just TEW2005 players. I'm not sure how feasible that is though. I know conversion can't go backwards, but if developing TEW2005 data could yield upgrades for the TEWs between 05 and 16, you'd find a wider reach of people that could benefit from it.

I guess my question is what is the earliest version of TEW in which data could be reasonably converted for use in TEW2016? I'm sure there's always going to be some level of deterioration, but where is the jump where conversion becomes least useful?

From what I understand I think each version adds enough things that need fixing before upgrading to the next version it would not be viable, even going from TEW13 to TEW16 adds enough changes it would take some time to fix/update.

21 hours ago, a0161613 said:

I'd like to see one done for sure. Just got into 05 as my computer doesn't run the 2016 demo particularly well.

How good was the last update? Could it be a good base?

I absolutely agree as well. Although I do understand why some might not want it though

On 2/8/2018 at 20:12, TheWho87 said:

I'd say yes but only for a basic annualy updated sort of database, nothing too serious. While freeware TEW05 doesnt have the traction of EWR, Even when it went freeware I don't think there was much demand beyond those wanting to try the TEW style.

I'd think the from scratch EWR is a better option.

Personally I have never modded properly before however I can understand how long it would take so maybe an alternative could be on mods at some points in the year like every 3 to 6 months. Maybe in months like January(Royal Rumble build),  April or May(Depending on WrestleMania so then it shall start at RAW after Wrestlemania), August(Summerslam build) or perhaps even November(Survivor Series Build however this isn't really necessary tbh)

I should note it’s not a “this or that” type of thing. I won’t be doing the EWR update from scratch with the general consensus of people wanting to have promotions outside the realm of North America included. Anyone is welcome to take up that project though.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Canadian_Vampire said:

From scratch EWR update is needed much more.

I disagree. While bits might need a clean-up, EWR has an existing update from this month.

The last TEW 05 update according to the HoPW archive is of June 2014 - around three and a half years ago. This might play in to the "People don't play 05" point, as it seems EWR's continued popularity comes in part from the regular data updates for it.

I support the idea of a new TEW 05 stat update, be it a one-off or a regular feature, and would definitely download one should it materialise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, iDOL said:

I should note it’s not a “this or that” type of thing. I won’t be doing the EWR update from scratch with the general consensus of people wanting to have promotions outside the realm of North America included. Anyone is welcome to take up that project though.

That is a shame, would have been interesting compared to the fix and patch up databases based on how they thought the game engine worked.

• Like 2

Agreed, I may have advocated for non-North American promotions being in but would much rather see an EWR from scratch update that does stick to NA parameters than anything for TEW 05 and I think the overall playing base would too because there are so many more EWR players. Plus we all know how great a mod maker Idol is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2018 at 02:46, iDOL said:

Wait does this mean you are cancelling this suggestion or are you still debating whether to do it or not? 

On 2/14/2018 at 02:46, iDOL said:

Also if you do it, shall it be put on mediafire or somewhere else?

2 hours ago, Xander2611 said:

Wait does this mean you are cancelling this suggestion or are you still debating whether to do it or not? 

Also if you do it, shall it be put on mediafire or somewhere else?

It means what it said, I’m not doing the EWR from scratch update.

• 1 month later...

I'd love for this to happen. Most of my games in EWR are based off of either very current RW Scenarios or very specific Historical Scenarios. I'd be more inclined to switch to TEW if there were more Historical in particular.

I voted yes. I would absolutely love a modern mod to TEW 2005. It wouldn't have to be updated every month, and I would even help out any way I could. My son has just started playing Ryland games and he seems to enjoy TEW 2005 better than EWR, but he keeps asking about newer wrestlers like Finn Balor and Ricochet. Just saying, I would enjoy playing a modern database mod with my son. We have been playing WWE 2K18 instead, which is not a bad game at all. I just prefer TEW 2005.