Jump to content
iDOL

Interest Poll: TEW 2005 Real World Stat Updates

Interest Poll: TEW 2005 Real World Data  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you interested in the return of TEW 2005 Real World Stat Updates? (Like those for EWR and TEW 2016)



Recommended Posts

Forever Forky    4,628

I said no, but I'll explain why as well. I'd much rather anyone who has time to do stats and owns TEW 2016 do it for those. I understand that some people still play 2005 but I think the vast majority have stuck with EWR and those who didn't spent the money for the much upgraded 2016.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWho87    1,558

I'd say yes but only for a basic annualy updated sort of database, nothing too serious. While freeware TEW05 doesnt have the traction of EWR, Even when it went freeware I don't think there was much demand beyond those wanting to try the TEW style.

I'd think the from scratch EWR is a better option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam es Tranquilo    5,759

The player base is already there for EWR and for TEW 16. I voted no, I think it'd be unnecessary to go back to TEW 05. Its' biggest selling point is that its freeware, but so is EWR and that is a much more popular game at present. It's also easier to do an update for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
C-MIL    22,339

What is the conversion compatibility for TEW2005 to future installments?

I feel like if there were a way to modify TEW2005 in such a manner that the data could be upgraded to improve more modern TEW data sets, it'd be worthwhile to more than just TEW2005 players. I'm not sure how feasible that is though. I know conversion can't go backwards, but if developing TEW2005 data could yield upgrades for the TEWs between 05 and 16, you'd find a wider reach of people that could benefit from it.

I guess my question is what is the earliest version of TEW in which data could be reasonably converted for use in TEW2016? I'm sure there's always going to be some level of deterioration, but where is the jump where conversion becomes least useful?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWho87    1,558
15 hours ago, C-MIL said:

What is the conversion compatibility for TEW2005 to future installments?

I feel like if there were a way to modify TEW2005 in such a manner that the data could be upgraded to improve more modern TEW data sets, it'd be worthwhile to more than just TEW2005 players. I'm not sure how feasible that is though. I know conversion can't go backwards, but if developing TEW2005 data could yield upgrades for the TEWs between 05 and 16, you'd find a wider reach of people that could benefit from it.

I guess my question is what is the earliest version of TEW in which data could be reasonably converted for use in TEW2016? I'm sure there's always going to be some level of deterioration, but where is the jump where conversion becomes least useful?

From what I understand I think each version adds enough things that need fixing before upgrading to the next version it would not be viable, even going from TEW13 to TEW16 adds enough changes it would take some time to fix/update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
a0161613    1

I'd like to see one done for sure. Just got into 05 as my computer doesn't run the 2016 demo particularly well.

 

How good was the last update? Could it be a good base?

Edited by a0161613
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xander2611    0
21 hours ago, a0161613 said:

I'd like to see one done for sure. Just got into 05 as my computer doesn't run the 2016 demo particularly well.

 

How good was the last update? Could it be a good base?

I absolutely agree as well. Although I do understand why some might not want it though

On 2/8/2018 at 20:12, TheWho87 said:

I'd say yes but only for a basic annualy updated sort of database, nothing too serious. While freeware TEW05 doesnt have the traction of EWR, Even when it went freeware I don't think there was much demand beyond those wanting to try the TEW style.

I'd think the from scratch EWR is a better option.

Personally I have never modded properly before however I can understand how long it would take so maybe an alternative could be on mods at some points in the year like every 3 to 6 months. Maybe in months like January(Royal Rumble build),  April or May(Depending on WrestleMania so then it shall start at RAW after Wrestlemania), August(Summerslam build) or perhaps even November(Survivor Series Build however this isn't really necessary tbh)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iDOL    4,903

I should note it’s not a “this or that” type of thing. I won’t be doing the EWR update from scratch with the general consensus of people wanting to have promotions outside the realm of North America included. Anyone is welcome to take up that project though.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Muppet92    82
15 hours ago, Canadian_Vampire said:

From scratch EWR update is needed much more.

I disagree. While bits might need a clean-up, EWR has an existing update from this month.

The last TEW 05 update according to the HoPW archive is of June 2014 - around three and a half years ago. This might play in to the "People don't play 05" point, as it seems EWR's continued popularity comes in part from the regular data updates for it.

 

 

I support the idea of a new TEW 05 stat update, be it a one-off or a regular feature, and would definitely download one should it materialise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheWho87    1,558
15 hours ago, iDOL said:

I should note it’s not a “this or that” type of thing. I won’t be doing the EWR update from scratch with the general consensus of people wanting to have promotions outside the realm of North America included. Anyone is welcome to take up that project though.

That is a shame, would have been interesting compared to the fix and patch up databases based on how they thought the game engine worked.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Adam es Tranquilo    5,759

Agreed, I may have advocated for non-North American promotions being in but would much rather see an EWR from scratch update that does stick to NA parameters than anything for TEW 05 and I think the overall playing base would too because there are so many more EWR players. Plus we all know how great a mod maker Idol is.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rocky    2,021

Just need to look at the iDom games to see how good he is at modding scenarios. Great depth to the games. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By wildvinex
      I was wondering for a scenario with both superheroes and anime heroes. I know of some that were mentioned but for some reason the data doesn't work on my computer. It's just an idea though
    • By PrinceOmega
      Can anyone create me different versions of the WWF One Night Only (U.K. PPV) logo with the Canadian, Australian, Mexican, Europe and Japanese Flags instead of the Union Jack?
    • By wildvinex
      I was wondering if anyone could make this, i remember seeing something like this before but it was about 13 years ago and was wondering if anyone could do it. I would do it myself but i am not sure how to make my own mods for either tew or ewr. If anyone could do this i would be very grateful and it would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
    • By togg






































      Thank You to iDOL who has helped this become a much more vast Directory.
      Please feel free to let me know if you find any faults or know of great ways to update the site. Also Mod/Graphic makers, please let me know if you want your mods Featured
    • By BrandonDeGraff
      This is a for all those who are looking for worker pics with titles. I have a lot of them and have made a lot of them. Enjoy
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×