Which aunt viv was better?

K

Which aunt viv was better?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. time to settle this once and for all.

• Janet Hubert (left)
    • Daphne Reid (right)

Janet Hubert's Viv had the fire and dynamism you'd expect from a character who'd been a campaigner for civil rights and became a prominent university lecturer. Daphne Reid's Viv was more of a typical eye-rolling, long-suffering wife/mother who occasionally made a sarcastic quip. I wouldn't blame her entirely for that as that's what the writers gave her, but she still doesn't live up to her predecessor.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Rich said:

That's apparently why she got fired, she was trying to make the show about her and not Will.

She's made disparaging comments about the cast - and even told some outright lies - since she was fired. Still bitter, and career down the shiiter.

On 20/02/2018 at 10:06, K said:

Watching fresh Prince on Netflix, i had no idea they did a clip show eight episodes in. They're essentially just recapping the three hours of my life.

Yeah we've been rewatching these last few months and was shocked a clip show came so early in the run. They basically played vast swathes of the first few episodes so we quit just a little into the second of the two-parter and went on with the next episode.

Also watching as an adult and parent is very different. I have a LOT more time for Uncle Phil who is clearly the best character and teaches Will a lot.

3 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Also watching as an adult and parent is very different. I have a LOT more time for Uncle Phil who is clearly the best character and teaches Will a lot.

It's weird watching a lot of shows back and realising the authority figures you thought were mean were actually just looking out for the ungrateful young'uns.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Back to the better Darrin, I found out a few years ago that Dick Sergeant was actually their original choice for the role but was either unwilling or unavailable at the time. Blessing in disguise, there. I don't think the show would have been as successful if he originated the role. Personally, I thought he was okay, but Dick York blew him out of the water in the role. (I only really liked Dick Sergeant as Darrin when he was being sarcastic or arguing with Endora.)  Thankfully, York is in slightly more than twice as many episodes as Sargeant. And the last season was plain awful.