TEW16 Real World Update: March 2018

Here is the update for March, the big change this month has been a complete overhaul of AJPW and BJW thanks to Poputt on the GDS forums, another change this month is that I've closed Dansk Pro Wrestling and Ohio Valley Wrestling, DPW was overdue as I was planning on doing it after adding the European ICW as the UEWA member. As for OVW, I kept them due to their old WWE connection but in recent years it seems everytime a title changes hands I need to add someone new to OVW and I just can't be bothered with that anymore. I'm hopefully going to be adding/activating some promotions this month, I want to expand Australia by adding the two promotions Progress are going to be working with, Explosive Pro Wrestling and Pro Wrestling Australia. Beyond that, just the usual general updating with a few additions (List of new workers added this month), I updated all suggestions posted in the threads, hopefully not much has been missed.

Enjoy

Database: March 2018
Graphics: March 2018
Workers: January 2018

Graphics DLC: DLC 1 (October 2017)
Graphics DLC contains loading screens and pictures of non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date. They may also have their titles histories included, if they do you need to go into "Title Lineages" and remove their most recent record (identified with a "= -" or "= - #" before their record name). You can then activate the title (all closed promotions titles are retired) and then set the champion if they are under contract.

Helpful Guidelines

Spoiler

Tag Experience Level To Matches
None: F- / 0-20
Low: E / 20-49
Medium: D+ / 50-69
Good: C / 70-99
Maximum: A* / 100+

Stamina Stat To Match Length
41-53% = 10m Max
53-65% = 15m Max
65-77% = 34m Max
77-89% = 49m Max
89-100% - upto 88m

Popularity Levels (Based on general all region percentages)
0-19% = Unknown
20-39% = Regional Level
40-57% = Regional Star
58-62% = Recognisable
63-69% = Well Known
70-77% = Draw
78-84% = Star
85-92% = Huge Star
93-100% = Icon

Personality Templates

Spoiler

Class Act (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Driven
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social

Class Act (Positive)
- Dependable
- Extremely Loyal
- Social

Egomaniac Star (Extremly Negative)
- Bold
- Dependable
- Extremely Driven
- Extremely Egotistical
- Extremely Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Free Spirit (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Extremely Flaky
- Extremely Liberal
- Extremely Social
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Naive
- Optimistic

Grizzled Veteran
- Antisocial
- Conservative
- Dependable
- Pessimistic

Jerk (Very Negative)
- Bold
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Master Politician
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Extremely Dependable
- Extremely Manipulative
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Normal
- Bold
- Egotistical
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Party Animal (Positive)
- Bold
- Extremely Social
- Flaky
- Hesitant
- Liberal
- Optimistic

Rookie (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Extremely Naive
- Generous
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social
- Timid

How to Install a Mod and Picture Packs in TEW 2016

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Lineker featured and pinned this topic

Thanks for the update.

- Allie/Cherry Bomb/Laura Dennis also uses the Allie name outside of Impact (WSU, Smash, QOC, BCW, HOH,...). Maybe change her name to Allie and add Cherry Bomb as an Alter Ego for Shimmer (which looks to be the only promotion where she uses this name).

- Remove Cherry Bomb as Pepper Parks manager in Impact Wrestling.

- Remove Pepper Parks from CZW (his last match for the promotion was in September 2016).

It looks to me that Impact nowadays have a core roster and bring in some local talent/working agreement talent for the tapings in Florida and Ontario. Since those talents are only in for one taping I don't think they should be added to the permanent Impact Roster. "Talent Trade" and "Hire Local" are in the game to bring in talent for those kind of appearances. It is exactly how Impact operates in 2018. If wrestlers appear on more than one taping (November & January for example) they should be added.

12 hours ago, No1Thuganomic said:

It looks to me that Impact nowadays have a core roster and bring in some local talent/working agreement talent for the tapings in Florida and Ontario. Since those talents are only in for one taping I don't think they should be added to the permanent Impact Roster. "Talent Trade" and "Hire Local" are in the game to bring in talent for those kind of appearances. It is exactly how Impact operates in 2018. If wrestlers appear on more than one taping (November & January for example) they should be added.

This is a fair assessment, their roster has been a lot more fluid these days with a core roster the constant. Might be better now just sticking to the roster page - http://impactwrestling.com/roster/ for the core roster and players can use the WAG's and Hire Local options as Thug has stated. That being said, drop the following non-regulars then from the roster -

• Kaito Kiyomiya, Amber Nova, Jon Bolen, Mathieu St.Jacques, Thomas Dubois, Mike Monroe, TC Read, RJ City, Tyson Dux

Few more Impact Wrestling updates:

• Add Marc Harris (https://twitter.com/OfficialRefMarc) as a referee. He returned and worked the most recent tapings in Orlando have confirmed on twitter will do at next set also. Rest of the refs are still being used aswell. 
  • Add a working agreement between Impact Wrestling and Lucha Underground - their using a lot of the same talents lately and have just announced a joint Impact Wrestling vs Lucha underground event at this years WrestleCon which will be streamed on twitch. 
  • Speaking of which, in addition to the monthly ONO/PPV, impact are recording a twitch exclusive event each month now it seems. Would it be worthwhile adding an additional monthly event or leave this to the player to implement?
  • Change Alberto El Patron's gimmick to "Troublemaker (Cocky)" - his gimmick of late is that of someone who has felt wrong and betrayed by the company and other wrestlers in the title scene and is set out to wreck things for everyone else until he gets his title back. 
  • Alberto's contract expires in April according to PWInsider, although there are negotiations ongoing. Set his contract to expire in 1 month. 
  • Remove Alberto El Patron from CWH - he wrestled there on a one off back in September and hasn't since. 
  • Eli Drake revealed in a recent interview that his deal with the company expires 31st May. Set his contract to expire in 3 months.

Reminder on the title changes for next month in line with tv air dates. These two happen on next week's episode so should be updated for the next months update. There will be another but i don't believe that will air until April. -

Spoiler

• Allie is the new Knockout's Champion
  • Remove Laurel Van Ness from Impact Wrestling now that the title has been dropped as it was recently revealed she has been granted her release.
  • Matt Sydal is the new X-Division Champion.

Edited by JohnnyNitro

Spoiler tags added. 

Also a small update since i had the pleasure of meeting So Cal Val at a recent 5 Star Wrestling TV taping.

• Remove her from SHINE
  • Add to 5SW as an Announcer or Personality (she does the backstage and in-ring interviews)
  • Val has also done some work with WAW and Bellatrix of late but not sure they are active in the database. 
  • Set British Isles as an Active area
  • Set her "Based in" as SOUTH BRITISH ISLES as she is living in the Milton Keynes area these days. 
Edited by JohnnyNitro
  • Like 1

Kotoka retired on March 6th.

Anthony Bowens has recently revealed that he is homosexual.

Comadante Pierroth is now known as La Bestia Del Ring. His birth year should be 1963, according to Dave Meltzer.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmt.brightspotcdn.com%2F0f%2F5d%2Fdae89ab44a9781ee547f75d6ef4d%2F5.jpg

Edited by Y2JFan111

Add Austin Aries to Ring of Honor as he made a surprise appearance at the 16th Anniversary Show tonight. Looks like he'll be feuding with Kenny King over the TV title

- Remove Taiji Ishimori from NOAH, hes announced he's leavinghttp://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0312/637825/taiji-ishimori-announces-he-leaving-pro-wrestling-noah/

Not sure how this affects his status with Impact since he came across as part of the talent exchange with NOAH. I would expect given they had him drop the x title to Sydal at the last tapings that hes also finished up with Impact but on the recent impact teleconference Josh Mathews was asked the question directly and stated he didnt know how or if it affected his status with impact so i take it there has been no official decision to remove him from the impact roster as yet so keep him on there for now until we hear more i guess. 

- Set Joseph Park back to his Abyss gimmick (babyface) with James Mitchell (Babyface) as his manager. James Mitchell returned and brought back Abyss this week to answer the challenge of Jimmy Jacobs and Kongo Kong with a match set for next week. 

i havent downloaded one of these since december but the mixed match teams are appearing as actual teams making for awkward matches and the brand split was ended prematurely it seems. also raw and smackdown are not brand exclusive but they still will be once the brand ppvs end. Ive noticed these things while checking the news feed in game and looking at results cause im playing a different company.

Random notes;

• Johnny Kidd is set to Retired, he should be Semi-Active - he had at least one match late last month
  • You have Rhia O'Reilly contracted to SHIMMER and SHINE - she hasn't worked for either since 2016.
  • Gideon Grey needs a boost to his Comedy skills - at present, he performs badly in Comedy matches, when in reality that's pretty much the only kind of match he works
  • In running a UK game, both Kay Lee Ray and Clint Margera have complained about being booked in Hardcore matches - as Clint is predominantly a brawler/hardcore/deathmatch guy, and KLR is "the hardcore daredevil", that suggests their stats need tweaking to fix that
  • You have a lot of workers with their status set to "Retired", but preferred role still set as "Wrestler". 
  • Sanity are set as the NXT Tag Team Champions - they lost the belts to Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly back in December
  • Atsushi Onita should be retired, and his preferred role set to Personality/Road Agent
  • Aja Kong should be set to active in the British Isles, she's working EVE in May
  • DASH Chisako should be active in the British Isles, she's working EVE this month
  • Jordynne Grave should be active in the British Isles, she's working multiple promotions this month
  • Killer Kelly should be active in the British Isles, working EVE this month
  • 17 should be retired, or best yet removed entirely.
  • Resistance Gallery is set as a Location with a capacity of 1000 - it holds around 300, tops. It may be that you've upped its numbers for gameplay/balance reasons, though this isn't reflected in the more accurate numbers for other locations in the game.

These are more subjective, as they're stats based;

• Meiko Satomura is currently set as 0% overness across the UK - this definitely needs changing, as she's being used as a major draw at Fight Club Pro's biggest ever show, and has been a focal point of four EVE shows, and will be a featured part of Wrestle Queendom, and headlined the UK King of Trios. Meiko's skills also need significant improvement, in my opinion - she's often in the conversation as one of the best, and most consistent wrestlers in the world today, yet outside of "Basics" and "Psychology", she doesn't have a single in-ring stat above C. I would say she deserves a significant boost to her Puroresu, Consistency, Mat Work, Chain Wrestling, Submissions, and Athleticism. 

• Pete Dunne should have significant improvement on many of his stats too - he was in a legitimate Match of the Year contender, and is one of the most consistently great wrestlers around right now, yet you have most of his stats set as Ds across the board, including an for Puroresu, D+ for Chain Wrestling, F+ for Submissions, and E- for Aerial - all of these need vast improvement, in my opinion.

• You have Dan Severn's Mat Work and Chain Wrestling at D, both should be considerably higher. His Basics you currently have at C, which could also do with a boost.

• Sammi Jayne's skills are far too low as well - you have all of her in-ring skills set to between F and E-, which is massively underrating her. This seems to be common across most younger UK workers in the game; Millie McKenzie's stats are far too low, and I was getting "the crowd were very vocal in their dislike of Jack Sexsmith" road agent notes, and his stats should not be anything like low enough to warrant that.

21 hours ago, Skummy said:
  • You have a lot of workers with their status set to "Retired", but preferred role still set as "Wrestler".

They should also have some preferance for being a road agent, and since they are set as retired they will prefer an out of ring role and should want to be road agents, so them having a preferred role as a wrestler doesnt matter, it just makes things easier if the player wants to bring them out of retirement.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 21:27, Skummy said:
  • You have Rhia O'Reilly contracted to SHIMMER and SHINE - she hasn't worked for either since 2016.

I tentatively take this one back, as she's booked for 'Mania weekend.

14 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

They should also have some preferance for being a road agent, and since they are set as retired they will prefer an out of ring role and should want to be road agents, so them having a preferred role as a wrestler doesnt matter, it just makes things easier if the player wants to bring them out of retirement.

The thing that flagged me for this was Atushi Onita being booked in matches by the AI, despite being set as Retired, so this may not be the case across the board.

9 hours ago, Skummy said:

The thing that flagged me for this was Atushi Onita being booked in matches by the AI, despite being set as Retired, so this may not be the case across the board.

That can be explained, he still had a contract with ZERO1 as a semi active worker.

17 minutes ago, eihthype said:

Greg Hamilton is 38 years old (not 23), Jeet Rama is 37 years old (not 22), Lars Sullivan is 29 (not 24). I'm sure there's more but who cares about age right? 

It depends on if their date of birth is out there at the time I add them to the database, if not their age is set to 20 years prior to their debut. You can easily tell which workers don't have a date of birth set as it's not included in their bio.

Also can you provide a source for Greg Hamilton's age?

Actually i get his age from this side https://www.famousbirthdays.com/people/greg-hamilton.html and for me he looks so much older than 23. Just look at his face. I am 22 y/o and i look like a kid compared to him lol. Everytime i'm playing I change some things in database in my TEW and tbh im gettin tired of this 

Edited by eihthype