The Netflix (UK) Thread

K

I made a half arsed attempt to watch the Fast and Furious films for the first time last year and got about halfway in. I think it was just about to start getting very silly which is the only thing I enjoyed, so I might keep at it. 

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jerazil said:

Thirding The Good Place. Also Santa Clarita Diet.

But more importantly, Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

If you've watched Brooklyn Nine-Nine already, watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine again.

Yeah, I've watched it all. 

Now... my wife... 

I'm going to try that one. 

The musical RENT expires in like two days. It's amazing, and if you haven't seen it, you definitely should. 

Also New On Netflix says that the Killing (US) expires on August 1st, which I dunno if it's one of those things where they just make it available again on the same day, but if you've been meaning to binge it, might as well do it now:

https://uk.newonnetflix.info/info/70180183/s

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Yeah, that's another one I've watched, but the wife hasn't. Good shout.

Shit, I forgot about the Letdown.

I loved it. Guardian only gave it three stars, but it's so warm and funny. 

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/oct/25/the-letdown-review-an-affecting-portrait-of-motherhood-with-spoonfuls-of-comedy

I got into it after this brief twitter review:

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't Netflix, but fans of Community in the UK missing it since it left Netflix again rest easy, because All 4 are gradually putting all six seasons on their service. I don't think the Yahoo season was ever on Netflix in the first place over here so that's pretty cool.

• Thanks 1

On 16/07/2018 at 23:38, Liam said:

We've started BNN. Two episodes in she seems happy enough. Cheers for the suggestions.

i've just started watching Kim's Convenience on Netflix. It's a pretty standard sitcom format, set in a Korean family's Corner Shop in Canada, it's not like... laugh a minute funny, but it's very charming and sweet and has some very funny moments. Somehow I watched all of season 1 yesterday.

• Like 2