The Netflix (UK) Thread

K

2 hours ago, K said:

i've just started watching Kim's Convenience on Netflix. It's a pretty standard sitcom format, set in a Korean family's Corner Shop in Canada, it's not like... laugh a minute funny, but it's very charming and sweet and has some very funny moments. Somehow I watched all of season 1 yesterday.

I live near the actual Kim's Convenience.

#shill 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is kind of a weird one:

The insanely popular sci-fi/comedy animated series “Rick and Morty” will be leaving Netflix next month in a weird kind of way… The 3rd season, released in July 2017, was branded as a Netflix Original outside of America so one would assume that season 3 was a safe bet for staying on the streaming service. However, if you hit ‘play’ on any season 3 episode then you get a pop up saying that “This season is only available until 7th October”. In another strange twist, seasons 1 and 2 do NOT have this same warning… So the non-Orignal series will be available but the Netflix Original series will be leaving soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 16/09/2018 at 23:48, K said:

This is kind of a weird one:

The insanely popular sci-fi/comedy animated series “Rick and Morty” will be leaving Netflix next month in a weird kind of way… The 3rd season, released in July 2017, was branded as a Netflix Original outside of America so one would assume that season 3 was a safe bet for staying on the streaming service. However, if you hit ‘play’ on any season 3 episode then you get a pop up saying that “This season is only available until 7th October”. In another strange twist, seasons 1 and 2 do NOT have this same warning… So the non-Orignal series will be available but the Netflix Original series will be leaving soon.

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/1027174/Rick-and-Morty-season-4-news-cancelled-Netflix-drop-show-Adult-Swim

It's all gone, as far as I can tell.

On 06/10/2018 at 03:00, Lineker said:

I just checked, and all 3 seasons are up now. I suppose they renew their license just after it expired, then?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Netflix is set to release its long-awaited big-budget documentary series on the disappearance of Madeleine McCann tomorrow, despite opposition from the child's family and speculation in the TV industry that the programme makers failed to gain access to the key individuals involved in the case.

The US streaming service commissioned the programme in 2017, amid an explosion of interest in true crime and cold case TV programmes following the success of the US series Making a Murderer. However, despite spending enormous sums to produce eight hour-long episodes, release has been repeatedly delayed, raising speculation about what, if anything, the show has uncovered. Kate and Gerry McCann's threeyear-old daughter went missing in 2007 while the family was on holiday in the Portuguese town of Praia da Luz.

They have refused to take part in the show and urged those around them to resist requests for interviews by London-based Pulse Films, which is making the show on behalf of Netflix. Clarence Mitchell, speaking for the family, said: "Kate and Gerry and their wider family and friends were approached some months ago to participate in the documentary. "Kate and Gerry didn't ask for it and don't see how it will help the search for Maddie on a practical level, so they chose not to engage."

• 2 weeks later...

Worth watching to kill time if there's nothing else you fancy watching I guess. It's not fantastic but it's watchable for when you're bored. Most of the last couple of episodes seem to be about the media handling and moving on to an American agency that find missing children. There is still a bit on possible leads that were ignored earlier in the investigation but it drifts away from the case, I guess that's inevitable when there's no definitive conclusion to be made. To be honest though since the number of people who piped up a few years later and said "I saw this dodgy bloke a few years ago maybe they took her" are probably talking humbug I can understand why they haven't given too much run time on that as the series and investigation moves on.