The Netflix (UK) Thread

K

54 minutes ago, Colly said:

Thanks mate.

One of my employees and I were watching it at the same time. I stopped by her desk, which is in front of my boss' office and literally started my conversation with "Ya know what's weird about You". My boss was like, I think we may need to talk about your communication skills.

'You' is a very cheesy but enjoyable show.

7 hours ago, Baddar said:

They probably weren't offered a cut of the profits.

They were asked to appear, but declined. Probably the right decision. They've also declined to watch an advanced screening. Their lawyer is watching it to look for anything defamatory

• 4 weeks later...

For bonus hilarity isn't that the first time we see the new look velociraptors with the feathers on the top of their head? Don't get me wrong the others have silly moments (the gymnastics routine for example) but straight away taking a creature you've built up over the last two films and giving it a hilarious WTF moment like that can't have helped.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Colly said:

Will that be UK too?

The article I saw via FB said it was global EXCEPT for the US, Canada and Japan.

Release schedule:

• February 1, 2020: Castle in the Sky (1986), My Neighbor Totoro (1988), Kiki’s Delivery Service (1989), Only Yesterday (1991), Porco Rosso (1992), Ocean Waves (1993), Tales from Earthsea (2006)
  • March 1, 2020: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984), Princess Mononoke (1997), My Neighbors the Yamadas (1999), Spirited Away (2001), The Cat Returns (2002), Arrietty (2010), The Tale of The Princess Kaguya (2013)
  • April 1, 2020: Pom Poko (1994), Whisper of the Heart (1995), Howl’s Moving Castle (2004), Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea (2008), From Up on Poppy Hill (2011), The Wind Rises (2013), When Marnie Was There (2014)

6 minutes ago, Skummy said:

no Grave of the Fireflies for some reason.

Good spot; I hadn't noticed that.

I can only imagine 5-year-olds stumbling across that one on Netflix and thinking they're in for a fun adventure like the others.

it seems to be a rights issue - publishing rights belong to the publisher of the original short story. I already own it on DVD, so no great loss personally, but a shame it's not the full set.