Just finished watching Queer Eye on Netflix.

K

I've been watching all the media blitz stuff they've been doing to promote season 2 and so far it's all great. This one is particularly good (and features some spoilers for Logan and some other movies, so watch out). 

• 6 months later...
On 08/07/2018 at 14:45, Howdy Cloudy said:

They’re all good looking. I think Karamo and Tan are the best looking, though. 

EDIT: Finished both seasons. Now, to impatiently wait for season 3 (which is apparently going to be in Kansas City, Missouri and not Atlanta?)!

This is true, this is very true. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Up to episode 5 of QE S3. I'm only ten minutes in but I can tell this is gonna be the tearjerker episode for me, girl disowned by her adoptive parents for being gay and living in a house with two roommates, very little furniture, and what furniture they do have is literally trash pulled from a dumpster. 

11 hours ago, Howdy Cloudy said:

Up to episode 5 of QE S3. I'm only ten minutes in but I can tell this is gonna be the tearjerker episode for me, girl disowned by her adoptive parents for being gay and living in a house with two roommates, very little furniture, and what furniture they do have is literally trash pulled from a dumpster. 

This episode is too much. It's sad and beautiful and it's making me cry. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

https://uproxx.com/media/queer-eye-jonathan-van-ness-hiv-positive/

Van Ness has been promoting his new memoir, Over the Top: A Raw Journey to Self-Love, out on Sept. 24, and in which he’s open about his tumultuous life, including being the victim of sexual assault and about his addiction to drugs and sex. Now 32, Queer Eye’s resident grooming expert describes testing positive for HIV when he was 25. He had fainted while working on a client’s hair, and he went to Planned Parenthood, although he assumed he merely had the flu. When he discovered it was not the flu, he radically changed his life; in the same book he says he hasn’t done drugs “in years” and is a healthy and proud “member of the beautiful HIV-positive community.”

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
5 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

There’s an episode in the series where I’m like ‘does this guy really deserve the fab five makeover?’ Then the next episode that mum with the 3 girls and husband with ALS confirmed it for me.

The DJ?