Let's Play The Food Chain Game

So it's a bit like Mafia, but it's not Mafia, but I thought I'd run it in here anyway cause I've run Resistance and stuff in here in the past.

Food Chain is a game from season two of the show The Genius, which I might have mentioned in the past once or twice. Each player is assigned an animal with its own specific abilities and win conditions, but which generally fall into two categories; predators, who need to keep eating other animals to survive, and prey, who need to avoid being eaten. At the start of the game, each player gets to pick one other player to find out their role, meaning everyone starts with at least some information to go on. The game takes place over four rounds. In each round, players choose which of four habitats they wish to occupy, and once everyone has done so, they find out who is in the same habitat as them in that round. However, each animal has a home habitat, and can't spend more than one consecutive round outside it. Once the habitats are selected, players are told who is in the same habitat as them and can choose to attack each other. If a predator attacks someone lower on the food chain than them, they eat them and that player is eliminated from the game. If a prey animal attempts to attack someone, or a predator attacks someone higher on the food chain than them, nothing happens. Each role has its own particular characteristics that subvert one or more of these rules, and all possible roles will be posted so that people can see how the roles interact with each other.

So how about it? I need thirteen players to run it.

1. HarshMillennium
2. Marcos
3. Gazz
4. Ms. Canadian Destroyer
5. Ruki
6. Sousa
7. Naitch
8. RPS
9. Azazel
10. Jericode
11. 9 to 5
12. Cloudy
13. jmac

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Yeah, I'm in and I request to be Randy Orton.

I think you'll find The Animal is Batista.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, each round will be capped at 72 hours so this should take a couple of weeks tops to finish.

19 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Sorry guys, TEOL made a typo. I'll fix it for him.

Making it only slightly shorter than the average EWB Mafia game.

• Like 1