Far Cry 5

probablyoliver

I will more than likely just pick up the standard edition in Tesco tomorrow - it will be £44 with my gf's discount, and going with the physical version gives me a bit of trade value once I'm done with it. 

It's a shame the co-op is so restricted. 

Just now, Jasonmufc said:

What's this about restricted, i thought thr game could be played fully coop?

It can, but only one of you (the person inviting) gets the story/mission progression. So if I jump into your game and do a story mission, I'd still need to do that mission myself. All you keep is XP etc. 

And it's tethered so that you can't venture far from your partner, though I don't quite know how close you need to be just yet.

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

And it's tethered so that you can't venture far from your partner, though I don't quite know how close you need to be just yet.

You know how in Just Cause you can shoot a grappling hook at things and then they're physically connected? It's sort of like that. You and your partner are tied together with a cord and physically drag each other along.

• Like 1

Yeah I'll be playing. I enjoyed 4 and Primal so looking forward to this as well as getting Far Cry 3 to try. Heard nothing but good reviews so far.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It can, but only one of you (the person inviting) gets the story/mission progression. So if I jump into your game and do a story mission, I'd still need to do that mission myself. All you keep is XP etc. 

I hated that in The Division, so that's frustrating.

Just now, Jasonmufc said:

I hated that in The Division, so that's frustrating.

I mean, I get why they've done it. If I'm only just starting a region and you're 15 missions in, it's not going to make sense if that mission gets checked off my list when I haven't done the previous 14. It just would've been nice to go through the campaign from start to finish with a mate knowing we'd completed the game together. Oh well.

That said, I'm still up for some co-op hunting/taking down some bad guys. 

48 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I will more than likely just pick up the standard edition in Tesco tomorrow - it will be £44 with my gf's discount, and going with the physical version gives me a bit of trade value once I'm done with it. 

It's a shame the co-op is so restricted. 

To be fair I'm kind of okay with doing every mission twice. Take it in turns like, five missions on my game, five missions on the other persons. Simple.

Game preinstalled yesterday and is ready to go. Now to decide whether to get an early night and play all day tomorrow or play at midnight. Honestly, I know it's fallen out of fashion a tiny bit, but Far Cry is possibly my favourite series of the PS3-PS4 era, and the story seems right up my alley, so I am really hyped for this.

• Like 1

I'll pick this up when it's cheaper. Really looking forward to it but I've started Shadow of War and I've got Zelda to continue...plus Yakuza 6 is out next month so it'd just gather dust. 

1 hour ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

The story for this sounds way interesting but I suck at FPS games

I've heard that you have a dog as a companion and that you heal him via belly rubs.

• Like 2