Far Cry 5

probablyoliver

Spoiler

North Korea stuff must not have been hinted at enough because I never saw a lick of that and I played through every region/collected everything I could in the game - and if that explains the nuke then why doesn't it go off in the other ending? Just the fact that it doesn't already made it feel like 'we didn't really think this out'. Everything that they spout out was fine and all but it didn't really tie anything together other than, yeah - the really hamfisted allusions to the apocalypse. Which was fine - but the tonal shifts isn't something that I'd budge on when it comes to the weirdness of the game. You have really serious stuff one moment and then the Testicle Festival the next. While I was never a fan of people rating the game lower because it 'didn't have anything to say' because... I think that's stupid as hell, I think the way that the game swings from one thing to the next just makes any of the times that they are trying to say something just come off as corny, no two ways about it.

It's just the way that it came across to me - it's obvious that the trappings are there, as analytical as you want to get with how it all plays out - it just didn't connect at all and the way that Far Cry 3 and 4 played out have no bearing on that for me. The game by nature don't have to have endings like that. Primal had a great narrative.

Also is there a source for it following Revelations? Because it certainly looks like it has the trappings of it but it doesn't really follow it as I remember in any meaningful way.

2 hours ago, Van Shammer said:
  Hide contents

North Korea stuff must not have been hinted at enough because I never saw a lick of that and I played through every region/collected everything I could in the game - and if that explains the nuke then why doesn't it go off in the other ending? Just the fact that it doesn't already made it feel like 'we didn't really think this out'. Everything that they spout out was fine and all but it didn't really tie anything together other than, yeah - the really hamfisted allusions to the apocalypse. Which was fine - but the tonal shifts isn't something that I'd budge on when it comes to the weirdness of the game. You have really serious stuff one moment and then the Testicle Festival the next. While I was never a fan of people rating the game lower because it 'didn't have anything to say' because... I think that's stupid as hell, I think the way that the game swings from one thing to the next just makes any of the times that they are trying to say something just come off as corny, no two ways about it.

It's just the way that it came across to me - it's obvious that the trappings are there, as analytical as you want to get with how it all plays out - it just didn't connect at all and the way that Far Cry 3 and 4 played out have no bearing on that for me. The game by nature don't have to have endings like that. Primal had a great narrative.

Also is there a source for it following Revelations? Because it certainly looks like it has the trappings of it but it doesn't really follow it as I remember in any meaningful way.

Spoiler

" if that explains the nuke then why doesn't it go off in the other ending?"

Because you are 'The Lamb,' as Joseph repeatedly refers to you throughout the game. The Lamb being the only entity capable of opening the seven seals that brings about the apocalypse, the last of which being Joseph himself. By walking away, you opt not to open the seventh seal, thus the apocalypse doesn't happen.

I don't see what's wrong with the "tonal shifts" myself. The whole point is that people are just trying to go about their lives and all the usual comedic nonsense that entails, particularly in rural America, but this one nutjob is taking the shine off it. They aren't to know that, oh shit, actually he's right. Not at that point. If the world were to end 10 seconds from now, there's still people all over the world doing dumb shit as we speak. Doesn't make the apocalypse less real. And Far Cry has literally always been about moments of weird, flamboyant shit in the middle of pretty bleak times. Trying to make a bunch of cows fuck is just this edition's version of burning down an opium farm.

Hell, my main complaint of the game is that there weren't enough of those moments to make it feel authentically Far Cry, so to each his own.

https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/8b3enf/spoilers_that_ending_explained/

That's a pretty cool thread that covers the story from a biblical perspective.

Dammit...could ya'll say your spoilers are end game spoilers?  I read @Van Shammer's post and quickly closed it when I read it involved the end game

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I like this game a lot. Finally got back to it after not having time to play but jesus fuck that mission to get Nick was really really frustrating. I don't ever have to fly a plane again right? I mean that's what Nick is for now right? :( 

Have you taken John Seed down yet? If not, I've got some bad news.

Without spoilers if possible, what happens once you've liberated all 3 regions? As in, are you forced to go take down Joseph immediately, and are you able to continue playing after the story is done?

And the fishing is oddly fun as shit.  I spent 2 hours on a Saturday just going around trying to do all the fishing "Quests" and just had fun sitting there trying to catch them

7 hours ago, Lint said:

And the fishing is oddly fun as shit.  I spent 2 hours on a Saturday just going around trying to do all the fishing "Quests" and just had fun sitting there trying to catch them

How do I catch anything other than Rainbow Trout?