1987 EWR Historical Scenario by Fat Frog (with Pictures, Logos and Graphics)

After playing EWR for nearly 15 years, I finally decided to bite the bullet and make a proper scenario for public consumption.

And here it is - 1987!

A fascinating year.

WWF's popularity is about to explode. The territorries are still kicking about, and still trying to mount a serious challenge against Vince. The Four Horsemen kick all kinds of ass. Dave Meltzer still writes the Observer on a shitty typewriter. EVERYONE IS ON THE GAS...

Mind you, I wasn't even born in 1987, so it took a LONG, LONG time to make this. I spent many hours researching the period and did my best to make the scenario as accurate as possible. Also, I did the whole thing FROM SCRATCH.

It contains:

- 10 promotions (WWF, Mid-Atlantic (JCP), AWA, Mid-South (UWF), WCCW, Memphis (CWA), Florida (CWF), Central States, Portland (PNW) and Stampede).
- 503 workers.
- 175 staff. (Mix between real and fake people, with most of the agents, trainers and writers to be generated by the game itself. Absolutely no fake owners whatsoever.)
- Era-appropriate pictures for ALL workers and 99% of real staff.
- A new UNKNOWN picture for the regens, and a female variant for it (Unknown_F.jpg).
- New pictures for Pinky and The Brain.
- Logos and banners for all promotions in the game.
- New banners for all in-game websites (which, as the internet didn't exist back then, are now replaced by magazines and newsletters).

Notes:

- BACKUP EVERYTHING IN YOUR EWR FOLDER, BEFORE EXTRACTING!!! YOU DON'T WANT TO OVERWRITE YOUR PRECIOUS DATA AND PICS, DO YOU?!

- Set your PC's date to December, 1986.

- There are some workers in this scenario (about 10 or so), like Steve Austin and Kevin Nash, for example, that hadn't made their debut until 1988 or even 1989. I decided to include them, because honestly, could you even imagine wrestling, if they didn't exist? Also, I wanted a minimum of 500 real workers, so the game wouldn't have to generate regens at the start.

- I tried making all worker stats as accurate, as I could. However, there are some workers, which I never even had watched. So, their stats are based on educated guesses and general reputation.

- Sponsors give much less money. That is, because I want to you to avoid the potential 150 million ceiling, which you inevitably hit after a few financially successful years. I would also strongly advise you to drastically lower your ticket prices, if you're playing on lower difficulties. You should also regularly give money to charity.

- All owners have the proper wrong alignments, so the owner alignment bug actually fixes them, instead of fucking them up even further, when a new game is started.

- The thing that always brings my piss to a boil is generic television stations having generic names. For realism's sake I gave them names more similar to what a real TV channel would have. Here they are (and what they mean):

KGTN - ("K" Generic Television Network) - A local U.S. TV channel based west of the Mississippi River,
WGTN - ("W" Generic Television Network) - A local U.S. TV channel based east of the Mississippi River,
XGTN - ("X" Generic Television Network) - A local Mexican TV channel,
CGTN - ("C" Generic Television Netrork) - A local Canadian TV channel,
CND - ("Cindy") - Syndication, obviously.

Everything in the graphics pack is made by me, with the exception of the background. I don't know who made it, but I've been using it for about 8 years or so, and it's the best.

In the end, I beg you, PLEASE TRY IT, it would mean the world to me!

Download Here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/sonyb264kclkk78/EWR-1987-FATFROG-FINALVERSION.rar/file

Any feedback is welcomed and encouraged!

Edited by Fat Frog
Link Fixed
  • Like 8

It honestly seems the most realistic scenario for the 1980s. The amount of work you put on the gfx, banners, pics and all of that is also to be praised.

The only things I'd change are the skills of younger workers. I mean, Chris Benoit and Kenta Kobashi are legends and some of the best wrestlers of all time, but with 19 years old they wouldn't be that good...

Nice work, tho. I'm gonna give it a go!

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool, I'd love to see more old school EWR saves, im currently playing a 1986 EWR game that was created many years ago and to be honest its very lacking. So it's cool to see an updated old school EWR save. Would be cool to see more years done, Thanks again!

Here is an updated version of the scenario:

http://www.filedropper.com/ewr-1987-v11

I found some minor inconsistencies in the original version (Peggy Lee being a man, Lioness Asuka being American, etc.), which I fixed. I also changed the pictures for some wrestlers with better versions.

The first post will also be updated with the new link.

Edited by Fat Frog
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jerry Brisco should have a life time contract vince promised him a life time contract for selling his stock of GCW to him also add jack brisco as a road agent he was still with WWF... Phil Zacko is also a staff member acquired from vince srs deal with vince that was a life time employee and was told by sr to jr that he can never fire him.... Kevin dunn was their along with his dad and from what I read is also a lifetime employee due to services his dad cometted to vince sr... Arnold Skaland like monsoon was one of sr's right hand men and was told he would be employeed by like but wwf

• 3 weeks later...

Lol so Ok i need some computer help so I downloaded the file but when the window popped up of what program to open the file with i accidentally slipped and hit Adobe Acrobat and now every time i try and download its automatically downloads as an Adobe file i dont know how to change it back. Its a new computer so I dont know wtf im doing lol

but i was dying to try this mod.

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out

Edited by xgdawgx

• 1 month later...
On 09/09/2018 at 09:25, AnimeNewbie said:

Hey guys,

When I downloaded this file to my laptop, it asked which app I wanted to install it to? I'm a noob when it comes to computers, So how would I turn it into an actual file?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, draven said:

I cant get this to work because its in rar.. Does anyone have it in zip

Download winrar. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Oscurospecter said:

What does this error entail? Never heard of it.

This error only occurs if you play at easy level. 

What it is is that every owner has a preferred worker type (veterans, high-flyers etc). when the game loads each owners option moves one down the list meaning they'd have their preferences incorrect. Tweaking the data the way he has will allow the game to do the error above but end up correctly lining up the preferences. 

• 3 weeks later...