Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

2 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Yaya's agent has said that Toure will sign for a top 6 PL club on a salary of £1 per week.*

*with bonuses

Please not us please not us please not us

What club is willing to take a chance on a player that gets upset about birthday cake? Or will accuse the manager of racism if he isn't picked?

Oh, please go to West Ham, please.

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

@stokerino papers seem to think we're close to appointing Laurent Blanc, thoughts?

The papers have been going round in circles with Blanc > Enrique > Jokanovic > whoever the fuck so I've mostly just been ignoring them. I can't really say that I know enough about most of these managers to make a judgement on preference either. And to be honest, I still think it's Sarri that Chelsea want anyway.

Ever since Napoli appointed Ancelotti as a 'second' manager the impression I've got is that ADL intends to hold Sarri to ransom while Chelsea are doing everything in their power to make it appear like they actually weren't that interested in Sarri to begin with...in the hope that ADL lets Sarri out of his contract via mutual agreement for Chelsea to then snap up. Hence the flurry of "Chelsea want EVERYBODY ELSE as manager" stories. Hence the fact that Conte still hasn't been sacked yet ("we COULD still keep him...honest"). Hence an endless fucking stand-off when last week we could have just paid the 8 million release clause and been done with it.

Sigh.

My (out there) first choice would be Deschamps. Unfortunately, he obviously wouldn't be leaving France until they're out of the World Cup, which could be as late as the final, and it'll be too late by then in my opinion. Ideally you want whoever will be manager for next season in place before the start of the World Cup so they can observe it knowing what resources they have available to them over the summer to rebuild the squad in their style. The first game being in 12 days worries me that this won't be the case as I still doubt that Conte will be around come August.

36 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Ideally you want whoever will be manager for next season in place before the start of the World Cup so they can observe it knowing what resources they have available to them over the summer to rebuild the squad in their style. The first game being in 12 days worries me that this won't be the case

12 days for England... Only 8 days until Russia vs. Saudi Arabia!

*glares in the direction of the Chelsea board*

Rumours picking up of us signing Shaqiri for 12mil. 

I'd be all over that. Low risk signing for quite cheap, better option than we have on the bench and can cover the front three. Good at set pieces too!