Summer Transfer Window 2018

Lineker

57 minutes ago, Rich said:

2) He doesn't appear to be doing that as much now, other than Trent AA and potentially Solanke, he hasn't really given youth a chance at Liverpool in the last 18 months or so.

Its one of them, if you're looking at it from a specific age bracket then I'd say the fact that 2/3 youngsters have had a regular featured role within the team this year is good and not many teams do that. Plus our squad as a whole is the youngest in the Prem last season with an average age of 25 along with Newcastle. 

In the last 18 months  you've had Joe Gomez, Trent and Solanke who  have played quite a bit this past season. Trent and Gomez have had excellent seasons with Trent getting to play in a Champions League final and earning an England call up for the World Cup whilst Gomez if he hadn't of gotten injured probably would have been going along with him. 

Going back to the previous season you had Origi who would have been 21 at start of the 16/17 season who was a regular and you had Woodburn, Ejaria, Stewart and Grujic who all made a few appearances in the 2016/2017 season. 

I think you've probably got a better opportunity at breaking into the first team if you're a youngster at Liverpool or Tottenham then you have with City, Chelsea and United. But I do think with Liverpool there are certain positions within our squad you probably have a better chance of breaking through than others.

Centre midfield will be tricky for youngsters to break into the team next season but it's an area where this multiple positions and roles that if there is one or two injuries could see the door open for someone. I expect Grujic to maybe go on loan to a Prem team next season. Wilson from reports will be given the chance to impress during preseason and tbh we could do with some options out wide, I'd like to see him given his chance as u23 level he has absolutely smashed it and he's too good to be stuck in the reserves. Solanke I'd rather him go out on loan whether links to Rangers is true or if he can again hopefully go to a Prem team or a Championship team pushing promotion as I think he needs regular football to help develop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich said:

1) Demonstrably false. Klopp stood in Coutinho's way when he originally wanted to go to Barcelona, Caan wanted to go earlier but has not moved.

Actually, the owners stood in Coutinho's way. Klopp, by all accounts, wanted him gone. Can has literally never expressed a desire to leave before his contract runs out, so I have no idea where you're getting that from.

On 06/06/2018 at 23:12, MexicoJack said:

That's fair enough. Still, if I'm Harry Wilson for instance I'd be wondering if and when I'm going to get an opportunity. He was really impressive on loan at Hull last season and should be looking to make the step up.

There has been talk that Wilson has some attitude problems that have rubbed Klopp the wrong way which is why he hasn't got a look in despite seeming talented enough.

2 hours ago, Rich said:

1) Demonstrably false. Klopp stood in Coutinho's way when he originally wanted to go to Barcelona, Caan wanted to go earlier but has not moved. 

2) He doesn't appear to be doing that as much now, other than Trent AA and potentially Solanke, he hasn't really given youth a chance at Liverpool in the last 18 months or so.

I guess more accurately he'll let you go but bomb you if you are being a a shit about wanting to go.

Compared to other managers Liverpool had he's a damn sight more holistic in his approach to the youth team. 

Speaking of Emre Can, the club have confirmed he will be leaving at the end of the month upon his contract finishing. 

One of those players that has all the potential in the world and has had some brilliant moments but has also been so hot and cold in terms of consistency and I feel like considering his size he never used it enough. I think he'll smash it in Serie A but whether he becomes a world class player is down to him finding that level of consistency. 

Jon Flanagan is also leaving but he's a woman beater so fuck him. 

1 hour ago, Arjen Robben said:

For some reason, Roma's Twitter have announced Damien Delaney to Cork City.

They posted a thank you to him when he left Palace as well. A big rumour back home was that he saved the life of Roma director's son and they love him now. I think it's just random trolling by Roma.

Delaney is a good lad, he went to the same school as me (not at the same time mind) and was a cracking Gaelic Football player too. He would have been in the same friend group as my brother and I never heard anybody say a bad word about him. He'll now form the slowest and oldest central defence partnership in history with Alan Bennett.

2 minutes ago, MDK said:

The author? Damn, he has many talents.

Nah the more famous one. The 36 year old Cork City, Reading, Southampton, Brentford, Wycombe, Cheltenham and AFC Wimbledon legend.

30 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Kane's signed a 6 year contract at Spurs - a reported £200,000 per week which smashes our wage structure.

Needed to be done, I bet a couple of others follow suit in heading past the previous top wage limit.

Is Alderweireld possibly going because they won't pay his wages? Because if his reported wages would end up in a deal worth about £20m over 4 years isn't that cheaper than bringing in a replacement costing £40m+? Or does he just want to leave?